Blizzard

-
I'm building a house at 9,300 foot elevation.
We have not been above 32* for about a month and a half.
Yesterday, we didn't get above zero. Winds were about 25 mph sustained with 50 mph gusts.
The second story of the home got 2" of snow but the bottom floor didn't get anything as all the snow was picked up by the wind and deposited on my top floor.
All in all, not too bad this winter. Colorado has seen very little snow this year and the winds have not been too bad.
Interestingly enough, we never have power failures with the exception of the occasional 1 hour off. Even if the winds are 100 MPH we don't loose power here.

Feel your pain

F40E2361-C497-4956-9E11-90E88C8E0F25.jpeg

or

C1EF0F82-51F8-413D-93FC-764B60F2CCE7.jpeg

R u sure it’s sweat running down ur leg ?Lol
I admit I have been scared for gogd reason, but somehow I never managed to piss in my jeans (yet!). ha
That drunk that hit me head on back when I was about 25, IF I had seen him coming that would have been a piss in my pants time!!!!!

Dam, we have another 2-3 day storm. 100 mph winds. Started with freezings rain, then turned into snow. Power outages. All roads closed in and out out of town. I haven seen it this bad ever. Must be global warming. Kim
If I wasn't banned from Canada....

Dam, we have another 2-3 day storm. 100 mph winds. Started with freezings rain, then turned into snow. Power outages. All roads closed in and out out of town. I haven seen it this bad ever. Must be global warming. Kim
Saw it in the news, crazy! Yet here it missed us as it went east, it drifted south and tapered off.
One of the mildest winters i have ever experienced.

Yesterday, we didn't get above zero. Winds were about 25 mph sustained with 50 mph gusts.
The second story of the home got 2" of snow but the bottom floor didn't get anything as all the snow was picked up by the wind and deposited on my top floor.
All in all, not too bad this winter. Colorado has seen very little snow this year and the winds have not been too bad.
Interestingly enough, we never have power failures with the exception of the occasional 1 hour off. Even if the winds are 100 MPH we don't loose power here.
I have no idea how you can do that kind of cold. I'm at 5,000 foot mark and this is my limit. We still get 104* dry summers which i love and very little snow, lots of wind too. Cantaloupe territory :D

Imagine if you were waiting to pour the footings and foundation? That would be a lot of waiting to get weather warm enough to pour.

Mid-fifties, breezy and mostly sunny here today. Hardly any snow in the mountains, most of the state is in 'exceptional' drought. The upside is Jeeping year round.

Imagine if you were waiting to pour the footings and foundation? That would be a lot of waiting to get weather warm enough to pour.

Actually I can pour in most temperatures.
The first pour was 12* and the second pour was 27*.
Since my foundations and walls are enclosed with 2 5/8" foam they are insulated. I just blanket the tops for the night and I get a strong enough concrete cure.

20201110_154027.jpg

20201113_170419.jpg

20201219_090946 (1).jpg

20201222_142144_HDR.jpg

Went up to hills yesterday, southern Rockies, to about 8000 ft. 45* and what little snow there is is melting. Fun busting through the muck and mire tho. I dread this spring and fire season. Feels like it's going to be really bad here.

It's definitely gonna be a bad fire season.
Last spring we had a massive fire just outside of our city limits here in Salida.
Much more snow last year compared to this year.
I love muck bustin. doing it in the jeep currently. A few months and I'll be busting out trails with my dirtbikes! The rockies rock!!

Yes the Rockies do rock!

A friend just moved away from the southernmost peak (of course that is argued) of the Rockies. It's called South Peak and just north of Edgewood NM. I'd sit on his back patio smoking cigars, watching birds, and looking at that peak for hours. Good Zen there.

I miss my motorcycle days. Rode to places you could never go to now and never be able to again. Alamogordo NM was still the old West in the 70s. And back then, a simple military ID got you almost anywhere.

It used to rain here back in 70s and 80s. In 1980 it rained for two weeks solid in November. A friend of mine was a motocross racer and a damn good rider and he got his bike stuck in the mud. A bunch of us had to go retrieve it and he never heard the end of it. Little did I know at that age, that storm was once in a lifetime. Cheers Jeeper

-
Back