Block color for 68 Slant 6

-

Vali68

Reaction score
Mopar Folks!!!!! I have choices for the engine block color for this 71 Dart Slant 6 motor that will be going in my 68 Valiant. Which color should i paint the block?

Mopar red, Blue, or Orange? The block right now is Blue. But I can always change it. I plan on doing the Oil pan, timing chain cover, exhaust with ceramic silver paint. The valve cover will be chrome. All brackets will be flat black. The harmonic is sprayed silver as well.

Give me some ideas. Open to suggestions.

In Oz, in 68, there were 2 colours...red for the 145hp slant, or bluey green for the 160hp slant.

it was red I beleive..here's the color for the 225.i purchased the mopar red online.E-Bay.12.00 a can.well worth it 1 1/2 cans completed it.turned out very nice..great match too..God Bless..Bear R.-

Attachments

• repainted engine 12 24 12.sweet mopar red black rad,starter,wiper motor,etc...jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 232
If you're gonna do the oil pan and timing chain silver, I'd go with red. :)

This is a bellhousing for a slant....I painted it Ford code 'K' Monza Red in 2pack.
The pics don't show how red it actually is.....but it is red, not an orangey red.

Attachments

• IMGP1944.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 220
  • IMGP1948.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 185
It's official. i will be spraying the block chrysler red. but first it will get a shot of black primer to make the red color pop more and will cover up any flaws i may have missed. Still going to do the oil pan, timing chain cover, water neck in Silver high heat paint. Pulleys and brackets will be flat black high heat. not sure about the valve cover yet. may do a silver or just put on a chrome cover.

Look on allpar's web site for a sweet museum aluminum 170 in silver and red. Looks nice. Matching red valve cover for me but chrome is nice too but youll have to get a chrome charger 225 air cleaner To balance it. Chrysler Industrial red or international harvester red are the same if you see them. VHT red is pretty close and is guaranteed to weather the heat and has a nice gloss to it. I did my intake and head with it. Trucks were yellow!

-
Back