Blocking heat cross over

-

MOPAR SAVAGE

Reaction score
tittle says it all I have just purchased my 2nd duster a 72 318 car 2 barrel
I have purchased an LD4B intake and have a quick fuel 600 slayer with square bore on the way from summit
What I am wondering is how are guys blocking off the cross over in the intake and do u have to modify the gasket to block and have it seal properly
Pic of the new car

CB7F3A6F-951C-47AB-A8E7-BA201053AE80.jpeg

393B3528-2FD8-483E-B0E0-AD5A59704205.jpeg

56593D0C-7D28-4785-954B-BB3A3A695C1E.jpeg

If it's driven on the street at all, there's no proper way to do it, because it's not proper TO do it. The carburetor needs that exhaust heat to properly atomize fuel.

tittle says it all I have just purchased my 2nd duster a 72 318 car 2 barrel
I have purchased an LD4B intake and have a quick fuel 600 slayer with square bore on the way from summit
What I am wondering is how are guys blocking off the cross over in the intake and do u have to modify the gasket to block and have it seal properly
Pic of the new car

View attachment 1715373228

View attachment 1715373229

View attachment 1715373230
You can buy gaskets that are blocked or just cut out some thin tin & silicone it in place.

I do it every single chance I get. There is no reason other than emissions to super heat the intake charge like that. And the junk dual plane intake. It has serious distribution issues, so heating the intake change helps that. Better off with a correctly sized single plane and eliminate that, but you already have that intake.

They make gaskets specifically to block off the heat. Do it. I just did it to a Pontiac and the guy went online and all the gurus told him I was stupid, you can't do it, it will drive like ****...blah blah blah.

He is so happy with how it runs now he had to go back to the Pontiac forums and tell them THEY are stupid.

Block it off. Tune for it. Have fun.

you wont need to block them off unless the heads have been off ,they will be carbon closed off

-
Back