Blower motor power

-

Justin Brown

Reaction score
So i have a 67 barracuda and my blower quit, I ran a hotline from the firewall disconnect to the blower so it's not a blower problem it still runs as good as a 51 year old fan should run. I checked power with the key on and there is no power coming to it. I took the back off the switch and it's a single pole 3 position switch if I have this right I can just make out a L and H standing for low and high (which wire the switch energizes) and the bottom prong should be constant power with the key on but when I hook the test light to it there is no ppowera.All ofmy fuses are good so where does this switch hook into the power buss, I'm really making an effort not to take the dash out again my vacuum switch module is about to crumble and last time I made it to the end of the internet and still didn't find one.

Check the power at the little coil in the pic, I believe it . is mounted on the heater box under the dash. If it rusted or burnt in two that might be the problem.
20180716_194647.jpg
20180716_194708.jpg

Green wire is melted somewhere. Happens a lot and I'm trying to get a high speed blower motor relay set up together.

The high setting really taxes the switch/wiring/bulkhead

So i have a 67 barracuda and my blower quit, I ran a hotline from the firewall disconnect to the blower so it's not a blower problem it still runs as good as a 51 year old fan should run. I checked power with the key on and there is no power coming to it. I took the back off the switch and it's a single pole 3 position switch if I have this right I can just make out a L and H standing for low and high (which wire the switch energizes) and the bottom prong should be constant power with the key on but when I hook the test light to it there is no ppowera.All ofmy fuses are good so where does this switch hook into the power buss, I'm really making an effort not to take the dash out again my vacuum switch module is about to crumble and last time I made it to the end of the internet and still didn't find one.
Fuuum!! right over my head! lol
When you said "blower motor" lol I was thinking about something that goes on top of the engine.

-
Back