blower mtr wire

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Stupid question here...on dads 67 cuda where does the green wire from the blower motor go to?? I looked on the blwr mtr resistor and the schematic and cant find where it goes...we are at a stand still with installing the ac box and heater box

Thanks all!!
4spdragtop

Don't know if this helps but on my 72 Duster there is only 2 wires coming from the blower motor (car is in body shop so can't say which color goes where). One wire goes to the resistor on the heater box and the other is a ground which I believe goes to the body behind the passenger kick panel. Good luck!

We have 2 wires as well....1 black and 1 green. Black is ground and grounds to the ac box. Green is very short and wont reach, nor is there room for it on the resistor....WTH???

Steve is this in the engine bay? The diagram I posted on your other thread, here:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=191251

shows the blower feed (green) going to position "E" on the bulkhead connector (wire C5B)

The main wiring diagram for the engine bay confirms this, showing "E" of the bulkhead going to the AC motor

attachment.php

Attachments

• engbay.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,005
Hey thanks Del, but Im confused...the green wire(and ground/black wire) comes off of the blwr mtr. We fed both inside to the pass compartment thru the hole in the firewall where the motor sticks out...the black was screwed to the metal ac box, and the green wire isnt near long enuf to reach any connection. So are you saying I should check to see if there are 2 dark green wires coming off the ac and heater blwr switch? And if so one of them goes to the resistor and the other one goes to the "E" hole. If it goes to "E" hole, does it go from the engine bay, or passenger compartment. I still dont know where the green wire from the blwr mtr goes, or is that the one that goes to the "E" hole??

We hadnt planned on hooking up all the ac for under the hood either, so can we still hook up blwr without the ac motor??

Sorry, just when we think we got it figured out, it turns out to zap us!! Gotta be a special kinda person to understand electrical....LOL

Thanks
Steve

I don't know Steve, but it appears from the diagram that the blower motor wiring WITH A/C should be "under the hood" and go back inside through the bulkhead.

What if anything is connected to the bulkhead? I would guess there's an extension wire of some sort that plugs into the green on your blower.

I remember when we were under the hood that there were 2 wires wrapped in elec tape and had been cut(not by us). They go to the bulkhead, and I believe we labelled them for the ac motor...or compressor. We labelled it, but cant remember.

This might be a goofy idea, but do you think the blwr mtr wire differs from an AC car to a non AC car??
There is no way that there is a plug for the green wire off the motor...well not in the pass compartment anyway. What we did for now was plug a spade terminal with a 2ft length of wire .....I'll give dad a shout Thursday to see what the "clipped" wires are labelled....

thanks Del, enuf head scratching for me for tonight....LOL, I'll get at 'er in the am..

Thanks again!
4spdragtop

On my 67 Dart, no AC the blower wiring is all inside the car, does not go through the bulkhead

On my 67 Dart, no AC the blower wiring is all inside the car, does not go through the bulkhead

Even though dads is AC, I thought we should run the wiring inside the car as that is where all the controls are......common sense may not prevail here....

Anyone with ac know where the blower wire runs??

In the above drawing, Labeled a/c and heater resistor bypass switch..
Low pressure switch with different name ?

In the above drawing, Labeled a/c and heater resistor bypass switch..
Low pressure switch with different name ?

I dont know Red, this has me baffled, but then again thats pretty easy..
All dad and I wanted was to put the ac box and heater box in to cover up the big hole into the engine bay. Of course we wanted to have the blower mtr work and be able to direct air flow to where we want it. Dad got a ac/heater core gasket kit from DMT when he bought the car, so we figured we may as well use what we could.

If you see the link that 67Dart273 put in his reply, that is another thread I started a while back, and in that thread(as well as here) Del posted an elec schematic that is different than the one that dad and I were using....both 67 schematics, but it looks like a change up...more like a frickin knuckleball to be honest...Im not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks
4spdragtop

Just got off the phone with Pettybludart, his 68 cuda has AC, and his black wire is grounded to the firewall in the engine bay, and the short green wire runs in the engine bay as well, has a connector, then runs along firewall into the junction block.....not 100% solved yet but getting closer....

Can you give a bit of history here. Was you dad's car a factory A/C car with the push buttons with the heater controls or are you trying to make it an A/C car?

Hello ,

I have the factory 67 Dart wiring diagram. The dark green wire goes from the Blower mtr to a bulkhead conector , the small one term E,

It then goes over to the A/C and Heater blower switch. There is another wire also dark green going to the same terminal on the switch (same color) that comes from the Blower resistor.

Its is pretty well the same as 67Dart273 post

PM me a email address and I will send it to you. you inbox is full

John

Can you give a bit of history here. Was you dad's car a factory A/C car with the push buttons with the heater controls or are you trying to make it an A/C car?

Hey guys, its factory ac, but in the beginning all we want is to hook up the components in the passenger compartment, and leave all the under the hood stuff out for now as it clutters the engine bay. But we still want the heater core to work and be able to blow air when need be.

Thanks guys!

Im looking at the schematics that 67dart273 posted, and I hope that we can get the blower motor to work without having to install the ac motor...

Anyone else with ideas?? Im on my way to dads right now for a couple hours to try and get his wheels closer to being driven

Thanks all!
4spdragtop

I have a 67 cuda-air car-I'll look at it,all factory.I'll get back to you

Ok, at dads for a couple hours, here are some pics and info. We pulled the ac box out to run the dark green and black wire under the hood. I found the 2 wires (dark green and dark blue) that are clipped and run out of the bulkhead connector under the engine bay. The holes they come out of Im not sure how they are referenced in the schematic..but they are in the block closest to the driver side and in the 2nd row, top hole and 3rd hole(see finger pic with frayed green wire). If you use 67dart273 1st schematic as reference, the letters would be "E" and "G". The wire colors match the schematic as they are dark green and dark blue.
I took a look at dads ac compressor and there is a single connector on it and it is light green in color. If we run the dark green blwr mtr wire to the "E" hole and ground the blwr mtr to the firewall is this enuf to get us the blwr mtr working??

I checked inside the pass compartment bulkhead, and the mating wires that match to the "E" and "G" holes are light green mates to dark green and the dark blue under the hood mates to a blue in the pass compartment.

Also, there is a pic of the compressor and its single elec connector...

Guys/gals sorry for the long winded posts, but trying to be as clear as possible and give as much info as possible.

Thanks again!!

Attachments

• DSCF7450 (Medium).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 810
  • DSCF7439 (Medium).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 679
  • DSCF7441 (Medium).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 679
  • DSCF7449 (Medium).jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 667
  • DSCF7445 (Medium).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 683
  • DSCF7446 (Medium).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 655
Not sure of the differences from 67 to 68 Steve, but hears a pic of 68 Plymouth Val/Barracuda from original FSM. Hope it helps.

Grant

Attachments

• 68 ABody AC.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,253
I think you got 'er Steve. All you need to do is extend the cut bulkhead wires and hook 'em up

The bulkhead is "as you look at it." That is, the wiring for the engine bay is "looking at" the engine bay side of the connector and I believe that is the way the top diagram I posted shows. But the bottom diagram is LOOKING INTO the disconnected harness connector!!! Look at your finger in your photo pointing to the green wire. Notice the "bump" on the side of the connector (the "key")

Now go back up and look at the bottom diagram. The bump is on the left!! This means it's as if you'd pulled the harness wire connector off, turned it around, and are looking into the "front" of it.

-
Back