Blown Slant Six Dyno Test

-
I agree. There are plenty of good head gasket options though. They didn't use one.
It's amazing and ironic how many of these builds never get prepped fully for their intended power output. O-ring the block and copper head gasket would have been the minimum that should have been done.

It's amazing and ironic how many of these builds never get prepped fully for their intended power output. O-ring the block and copper head gasket would have been the minimum that should have been done.
Well, when you build a turbo slant six on the cheap with a .020 shim head gasket and ARP head and main studs and a few other parts for under $500 at the time and kick some small block ***, it is well worth the cost.. The most important component for reliability is to get rid of the factory head bolts, fine for stock, boost they are not.
31 pounds of exhaust pressure was required to make 18 pounds of intake pressure with my exhaust restrictive turbo.. I can only imagine what kind of cylinder pressure and heat was seen by my engine, held together by the head studs...

-
Back