Blue Lights??

-

olddman

Reaction score
I need some help on what color light was used in the dash cluster of a 1965 Dodge Dart GT. I am doing the MAD change and decided to also change the amp gauge to a voltage gauge. Made modifications to one of my cluster housings so that the voltage gauge (that I also modified to look like the original amp gauge) would fit in the same place as the amp gauge. I am now installing the speedometer, fuel gauge, and temperature gauge and noticed that the printed circuit boards that are used in both of the clusters that I have are not the same. One of the circuit boards has clear dash light bubs in it and the other one has blue dome lenses that cover the lights. I know that someone can tell me which board I should use. Blue light or white light?

Dang, my clusters are packed away. The bulbs are white but the filters are blue. Let's see if we can find a photo of a 65 cluster.

65 circuit board.jpg
Bluish green?

The pic above shows blue tint diffusers attached to the circuit board. Another inst' panel will have those diffusers attached to the inst' housing. Either design keeps the bulb from falling into the housing. OEM incandescent light is a bit yellow. The blue tint creates a coke bottle green light.

-
Back