Blueprint 408 (LA block) with Magnum heads.

-

Shainesboostin

Reaction score
I'll make it as quick as possible. Currently a very small cam .507in .507ex, 5.9 Magnum, with eddy heads part # 61775 which are setup for a Hydraulic Roller camshaft. I've decided to do the 408, but as I am already a chunk of money into therlse heads, I figured I'd buy there shortblock and use these heads. I know similar setups have been done before, but would still like some help choosing parts. And also if I should stay Hydraulic roller. I do want to upgrade to something more in the .550 lift range. I realize I'll need linkbar lifters, but other than that should be straight forward.

received_10157637792714922.jpeg

I'll make it as quick as possible. Currently a very small cam .507in .507ex, 5.9 Magnum, with eddy heads part # 61775 which are setup for a Hydraulic Roller camshaft. I've decided to do the 408, but as I am already a chunk of money into therlse heads, I figured I'd buy there shortblock and use these heads. I know similar setups have been done before, but would still like some help choosing parts. And also if I should stay Hydraulic roller. I do want to upgrade to something more in the .550 lift range. I realize I'll need linkbar lifters, but other than that should be straight forward.
Go for a lower compression forged piston & crank, cam it for a supercharger and bolt on one of the belt-driven, centrifugal blowers. With that kind of power and good street manners you won't have to look back, except in the mirror at most anyone you race.

That was the end goal. It's currently a Nitrous car. But eventually would like to go blower of some sorts. Itll be nitrous for awhile yet.

Those are supposed to be 58 cc have you checked to see what they really are
what have you done to the valve gear- what rockers
you do not have a lot of choices in HR lifters
I suggest an inverse radius profile from Mike Jones- let him pick the lifters and check springs, let him pick the rocker ratios unless you have a lot of bucks tied up already
but get the rest of the combo worked out B4 dwelling on cam
get the forged pistons designed for 0.0 deck with a dish watch out for the difference between 360 and magnum decks can B below deck if you use the .028 gasket
measure twice cut once
good rods more important than crank but do both - depending on shot and boost
detonation will break anything - so did I mention tight quench
need to know the rest of the details trans, gears, weight, GOALS
you will not need shaft spacers (read all of this B3 Racing Engines LLC - Mopar Rocker Arm Geometry Tech)
but you still have to set your fulcrum height B4 ordering pushrods if roller tip rockers
see where the valve tip scrub line is and how wide on your current build
before you remove pistons measure deck clearance on all four corners and write it down - see if the block is square and to make it easier to order pistons if you know what you have

good to know
check your stripe width- pic if possible how did you set your fulcrum height, what ratio?
clearance your heads for 3/8 pushrods
nice looking car

The Blueprint Engines 408 is a cast crank engine. Not sure I would want to throw to much nitrous or to supercharge one with a cast crank. I think Scat rates that crank at about 500-550ish hp. Power adder=forged.

ok guys who runs cast cranks on the bottle or blown
I've seen them work on everything but sprint cars
detonation will destroy anything

-
Back