BluePrint Engines Johnny M accepts award from Performance Automatic At PRI

-

BluePrint Engines

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I know Johnny Does most of the BluePrint posting on here, so though a few of you may find this interesting. Its always neat to have one of your partner vendors present you with some recognition, and of course since @Johnny Mac is very active on the forum, we thought this was worth passing along.

Johnny was instrumental in setting up BluePrints relationship with Performance automatic, and we have sold plenty of Mopar 727 engine/converter/trans packages to FABO members!

He also pushed for a 4 speed automatic that will easily bolt and operate on a mopar SB with performance automatic, and that will be on the BluePrint website very shortly.

The 4 speed auto for Mopar will be in the trans section of our website.
Transmissions

and of course don't forget our engines and parts!
Chrysler Compatible Crate Engines

BluePrint Engines

Thanks All!
47580112_2262841890406510_7097614781569302528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

Last edited:
4 speed automatic sounds fantastic!
I'm looking very forward to it!! Should be an electronically controlled, OD, Lockup, 4 speed auto. It's going to be pretty awesome!

Truly blessed to work for such a great company, with such an amazing team, and with the best partners in the industry! Thanks to all that support BluePrint Engines, and our partners! Looking forward to things to come for my Mopar followers. New 408 in the works, new 4 speed trans, new starters, new front accessory drives, and more to come!!

Well ain't that just special? Congrats, Johnny!

Congrats! Cudos to you and your company for the Mopar support.
Now, pardon my ignorance, but are we talking a 4 speed auto that won't require butchering the floor and extensive crossmember mods? Like a plug and play?

Congrats! Cudos to you and your company for the Mopar support.
Now, pardon my ignorance, but are we talking a 4 speed auto that won't require butchering the floor and extensive crossmember mods? Like a plug and play?
Its a (GASP) 4L65/75E based transmission adapted to bolt to a mopar. I need to do more research, but i believe it doesn't require much massaging. It'll come with a matched converter, a controller, and should be a complete bolt in kit.
If a a518 or 42RH, or 46..was "easy" to, source, install, operate, and control we would have looked into that to keep it "mopar" but it is what it is in this case. I dont want anyone to have to hack out their floor, or use a toggle switch to activate od like the mopar 4 speed auto's from the magnum trucks.
I think the 4L base is the easiest/best way to get a strong, 4 speed, easily controlled, and installed in a Mopar.

Very cool! I don't give a rats *** who made it originally, if it's easier than what's available now. My cars aren't exactly factory restorations anyway. I'll be happy to hook it up to my 8.8 rear end.

Edit: Straight bolt up, no adapter?

The GM trans actually is quicker & easier to install.
On the initial. Cheaper it is not.
The Ford AOD option is also an unusual one that has been being done seldom. My guy has offered this for a long time. Most MoPar guys know nothing about the Ford AOD trans. (Myself included)

@Johnny Mac , is that your smiling face in the middle?

Congrats bro! Congrats!

The GM trans actually is quicker & easier to install.
On the initial. Cheaper it is not.
The Ford AOD option is also an unusual one that has been being done seldom. My guy has offered this for a long time. Most MoPar guys know nothing about the Ford AOD trans. (Myself included)

@Johnny Mac , is that your smiling face in the middle?

Congrats bro! Congrats!
Yep thats me! i know about the aode/4r70w just from doing business with ford based companies also. not bad units, just "expensive" in my world once we have to go aftermarket controller. never crossed my mind to mate one to a mopar.

on the GM 4L trans, i think it'll be a good option for us!

@moparmandan It does have a mid plate, but its surprisingly thin. almost looks like a ford starter plate. I'll have more info soon.

thanks all!

Sounds good- no cutting up the body, and Ford automatic's suck. GM way better

Excited to hear more about the trans.

Also, congrats Johnny!

-
Back