Bluetooth Stereo

-

Mike69cuda

Mopar Moron
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Bought this off Amazon. It is a Bluetooth receiver and amplifier about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Hook up your speakers and 12 volts and you are done. Small enough to hide or mount anywhere. Cost $24. There are other models with more controls.

I didn’t know something like this existed. Might be a pretty cheap option to buying one of those expensive Retrosound radios or having yours modified.

00790CB9-BB4D-4467-AB35-1112D4FB661F.jpeg

What is the name on it. I could not find that one. The one that comes up is for home stereo. Do you have a link.

Here’s what I used it on. Bought this remote control cooler off Craig’s List & the Bluetooth didn’t work. I hooked the existing speakers up to this and wired it up to 12v switched power and taped the volume control on high. I have it mounted inside the cooler where the motors are. It sounds really good & has a lot of volume playing in the house & outdoor. I control the volume on my phone.

The only slightly annoying thing is that it says “Bluetooth on” when you turn the power on. Haven’t tried one in a car, but I suspect you could mount it where you could reach the volume control. There are other fancier ones that have more controls.

E79A4066-440C-438B-B124-0314972B2E4A.jpeg

4F2D7402-632E-477E-A379-12C75D4FEE2E.jpeg

That is very cool I have been wanting something like this for my dart. I had planned on buying the bluetooth chip and installing it into my factory radio so I could have the music from my phone play thru the original (appearance) radio this may work for that I could probably mount this under the dash on top or bottom of the radio and noone would ever see it. And I could still use the old am radio haha. I remember when I was a teenager I used to love listening to am radio in my dart especially at night.

Perfect for my 66 Valiant, it has a good working arigenal am radio, witch I use to listen to nascar.
Thank you for the information

Car show wedding pic's 146.jpg

There is all kind of cool stuff on Amazon, but you have to know what it is named to find it. Seems like I know what I want most of the time, but don’t know what it is called.

I use my Android phone as the source to send uncompressed sound to my truck's stereo via a phone app called Tidal. I subscribe to their service for less than $10 a month. The sound quality is amazing as the Tidal music app streams uncompressed, full dynamic range versions of most music available today.

My set-up does go through a double din head unit as a source feed, but it could also go through just the blue tooth devices you guys have shown and not use a head unit at all. Add an amplifier, install some speakers and you are in business with a virtually unlimited choice of music.

The benefit of using these blue tooth receivers is that everything can be hidden, and you just need a smart phone to play your favorite music. It helps with anti-theft strategies.

Last edited:
I've used something similar to the first setup.
I paid a little more for it and the bluetooth works well.
The down side, this thing only pushes about 25 watts and my speakers are 150w.
I don't need loud, I just want stereo and and to be able to hear the music at a normal level.
I've also noticed that I seem to pop instrument cluster fuses way to often. That I need to address sooner rather than later.
What I'd really like to do is add bluetooth speakers. But I'm not sure what I want exists.
I know I can get a bluetooth amp, that can power standard speakers. But again, I don't need the folks 2 miles down the street to hear my music.
But what you found is cheap enough to play with and try out.

Bought this off Amazon. It is a Bluetooth receiver and amplifier about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Hook up your speakers and 12 volts and you are done. Small enough to hide or mount anywhere. Cost $24. There are other models with more controls.

I didn’t know something like this existed. Might be a pretty cheap option to buying one of those expensive Retrosound radios or having yours modified.

View attachment 1715484526
I have a Bluetooth capable stereo in my Barracuda play music of my choice off my phone - love it. You can make any stereo Bluetooth with a simple device that plugs into your cigarette lighter. You tune it to the same FM station on your stereo and wha la you have a Bluetooth system. I use one in my Tundra, bought it at Walmart for $12.

I would like to see how you do it, post pictures please!
Mine is a little different from what mike posted above what I did was bought a bluetooth chip with an amplifier built into it I'm it has a volume knob and a 12v hookup and a speaker hook up I'm gonna hookup my 12 volts from the factory radio power supply run my speaker wires in the back of it and modify the knob to fit my original knob. Here is a pic of the chip.

Screenshot_20200403-094309_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20200403-094316_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Mine is a little different from what mike posted above what I did was bought a bluetooth chip with an amplifier built into it I'm it has a volume knob and a 12v hookup and a speaker hook up I'm gonna hookup my 12 volts from the factory radio power supply run my speaker wires in the back of it and modify the knob to fit my original knob. Here is a pic of the chip.

View attachment 1715499533

View attachment 1715499534

Did you ever get this to work?

I put a deck in my truck, bluetooth,usb,am/fm. It suits my needs perfectly. It has no tape or cd player so it isnt very deep into the dash. It was cheap,and i am disappointed with the actual construction of it,flimsy mounting box. I should have bought a pioneer. It also will keep my phone charged, a plus for me.
2C97FF36-DBAD-4C71-A4EC-51989548B1C7.jpeg

I put a deck in my truck, bluetooth,usb,am/fm. It suits my needs perfectly. It has no tape or cd player so it isnt very deep into the dash. It was cheap,and i am disappointed with the actual construction of it,flimsy mounting box. I should have bought a pioneer. It also will keep my phone charged, a plus for me.View attachment 1715698011

That's along the lines of what I did with Vixen. Mine is am/fm/cd/blootoof, usb, aux....I think I'm leavin sumthin out. lol I much prefer to have the whole thing since I still have CDs. With just blootoof, it seems kinda limited.

That's along the lines of what I did with Vixen. Mine is am/fm/cd/blootoof, usb, aux....I think I'm leavin sumthin out. lol I much prefer to have the whole thing since I still have CDs. With just blootoof, it seems kinda limited.
I have more music stored in my phone than i could carry in cd format.

I have more music stored in my phone than i could carry in cd format.

I get that and it's cool and all, but I'll never in a million years use my "smart" phone that much. I can, I have the option, but I won't. A CD's worth of music is fine for me.

I get that and it's cool and all, but I'll never in a million years use my "smart" phone that much. I can, I have the option, but I won't. A CD's worth of music is fine for me.
Pandora and I heart are free and have unlimited music. I have a ton of music downloaded but listen to pandora 90 percent of the time.

-
Back