BMW poor weld recall

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
BMW sent out a recall for poor welds on one of 'its' cars it produced. Can you guess what it was? In 29 guesses would you have said the new Toyota Supra? Yup, BMW under the skin. They wanted to keep the inline 6, but Toyota doesnt make one anymore so they had to go out and find one...Enter BMW. They also took a Subaru and put a Toyota '86' tag on it with the same car being sold at Subaru Dealerships under the BRZ tag. Some say smart as sports cars dont sell well...trucks, SUVs and cars sell. So if you want a sports car under your umbrella, just outsource one and have them handle all the recalls.

Just one more step to a global one.

My son told me this, and I was a bit skeptical. I hate the 86 because it's not a real Toyota, and so I guess this BMW connection doesn't really surprise me.

yeah, I don't get that.

Supra is a "corporate image" car, and to have it farmed out seems like blasphemy.

I feel the same about the Fiat Spyder being a mazda.

Yep the Supra is a cheaper version on the BMW roadster biggest difference is price. Supra is cheaper but comes with less power with only one power adder as the Z4 has twins.

BMW sent out a recall for poor welds on one of 'its' cars it produced. Can you guess what it was? In 29 guesses would you have said the new Toyota Supra? Yup, BMW under the skin. They wanted to keep the inline 6, but Toyota doesnt make one anymore so they had to go out and find one...Enter BMW. They also took a Subaru and put a Toyota '86' tag on it with the same car being sold at Subaru Dealerships under the BRZ tag. Some say smart as sports cars dont sell well...trucks, SUVs and cars sell. So if you want a sports car under your umbrella, just outsource one and have them handle all the recalls.
:lol: that was quick! I haven't even seen one yet.

Thanks Pishta I didn't know all this. I guess Fia.......Chry......Roy......I forget..........ain't the only ones LOL

Yep the Supra is a cheaper version on the BMW roadster biggest difference is price. Supra is cheaper but comes with less power with only one power adder as the Z4 has twins.

"If we can cut back in a few minor areas, such as the excess amount of spot welds....." LMAO

"If we can cut back in a few minor areas, such as the excess amount of spot welds....." LMAO
you ever look under those "fender flares" on a import truck? They hide the spot welds.

-
Back