Boat rides are sure a lot more fun when...........

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
The lake is calm, and all of the "holiday celebrations" are over and everybody goes home. Just got back from a morning ride. Lake was NICE. That old girl cruises nice at about 25. I bought a used "Bimini' style top yesterday, nice shape. I did not want to drill new holes, so "stuck it on" using existing holes + two new holes drilled up under the hollow gunnel reinforcement along the bow........they don't show!!

This is Lake Coeur d Alene about 10-11:30 this morning.

IMG_2841cs.JPG

IMG_2836cs.JPG

IMG_2834cs.JPG

For me, it's always nice to be on the water either cruising or fishing like last Wednesday drifting for Halibut with live Anchovies in the San Francisco Bay.

IMG_5113.jpg
IMG_5107.jpg

And now yet another annoying story from the old days..........

In fall of 68--spring of 69 I went to Navy electronics "A" school at Treasure Island. One day a friend of mine says "you want to go for a boat ride." Bear in mind this is not especially a nice day. If I knew then what I claim to know now, I'd never set foot in that thing. ANYway, this "friend of a friend" is sitting there with this used homebrew plywood "flat" boat with a 292/312 Ferd Y block and "zoomies." V drive, no neutral or reverse, you point it and start it.

So 3 of us are cruising around in the bay in this thing.........WITH NO LIFE VESTS and we came across some folks in an old cruiser, tied up at the Oakland--Frisco bay bridge near the island. This thing had two Chrysler flatheads, one was out of oil and the other would not run. So 2 of us got out of the hotrod, the owner got in, and the cruiser owner ran off to find some oil. So there we sat---bobbing around in the bay in a dead boat

Treasure Island ham club I belonged to

K6NCG - Treasure Island Radio Amateur Club 1969-1970

The club building when I was there, out on the NW corner of the island, that is Alcatraz or the other ? Island behind, this is pointing sort of NW

hamshack.jpg

A shot somebody took from our tower looking toward Yerba Buena and the Oakland/ SF bridge

maingate%20from%20tower%20top.jpg

June 2 I went up to little Spirit Lake, with just the 35hp on, rode around, ate lunch, no wind, marvelous. I love the new / used "Bimini" top

Top photo is Mt Spokane in the "off" season

IMG_2871cs.JPG

Interesting cabin. From the amount of cabins hid back in the woods, I doubt there is any longer ANY public land along the lake.
IMG_2862cs.JPG

Bimini type top was bought used/ little use. It is great. Only drilled two holes and they don't show, for the front guys drilled holes "up" in the underside of the gunnels and simply hook the guy hooks up into the holes "No new (visible) holes!!!
IMG_2856cs.JPG

Due to the poor design of the fancy power tilt unit, the clamp on 35 is really too high, and you must be careful not to "lose" prop bite. Pisses me off that damn thing is poorly thought out. The deal is you cannot remove a bolt on outboard and slap a clamp on in place because they don't end up being the same relative height
IMG_2848cs.JPG

I thought you were gonna say "boat rides are sure a lot more fun "when there are titties involved" and we were gonna get to see some skank you picked up in town. I'm disappointed.

-
Back