Bondo.....

-
I've been using the Rage Gold for a while now (on several different projects). Easy to work, sets up in 10 minutes or so. Seems to be forgiving on the ratio of fill to hardener.

I have been doing bodywork for 50 years. I always use less hardener than called for. When it is 65 degrees (or so), I use a little less. When it is 80 degrees (or so), I use even less. And when it is hot, I use a lot less.

The best time to do body work is in the winter, that being said bondo sucks it does harden way too fast, I use evercoat with good results.

Im gonna use just a dab and see what it will do. I can stand a long set-up time as its on a horizontal surface now with the fender laying in the bed.

ok so we have winter in pa what is the "coldest' temp you recommend to NOT put in filler like what is the :'cutoff" point where Id wait for spring? i do have a garage heater but on real cold days I might get the garage up to 60 or 65...maybe i need another heater :)

When it's REALLY hot, I just wave the open hardener tube over the Bondo. :rolleyes:

ok so we have winter in pa what is the "coldest' temp you recommend to NOT put in filler like what is the :'cutoff" point where Id wait for spring? i do have a garage heater but on real cold days I might get the garage up to 60 or 65...maybe i need another heater :)
Not really. What you need is a $15 Harbor Freight Heat Gun. Even in temps down around 40 degrees, You can use filler. First you will mix up the appropriate amount of filler with tha amount of hardener you'd use if it were 70 degrees. Then warm up the spot where the filler will go with the heat gun. NOT hot, just warm. Then spread the filler. Then with the heat gun on low, keep the filler warm, NOT HOT, for several minutes. Keep the heat gun moving around. Not too close to the filler. You just want to keep it warm. It will harden just fine.

-
Back