Bonehead move!:UPDATE

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
Some of you may remember 2weeks ago when i passed up a chance to buy a 71 Duster :eek:ops: Well i placed an ad back in the paper and guess what,the guy called me this morning! :D I went to look at it,overall it's not bad some rust on the lower qtrs. in front and behind the tires but won't take much to fix.Also on the bottom of both front fender's about the size of a half-dollar.The interior (BLACK) is real nice except for one small tear on the left side.Floors and frame are all solid,inner fenderwells have some minor rust(typical)One thing i found odd is that it's a 6cyl. column shifted 3-speed :shock: I have never seen a 3 on the tree in a Duster(is this rare?) So yes i am buying it :mrgreen: i'm going for it next Sat. Yes, i will post pix when i get it home. :geek:

Great! :cheers: Glad you got it. I don't know about the rarity, but I had a great aunt that had a Dart with a /6 with a 3 on the column.

Very cool !

I thought 67 was the last year for 3 on the tree ???

Cuda66 said:
Great! :cheers: Glad you got it. I don't know about the rarity, but I had a great aunt that had a Dart with a /6 with a 3 on the column.
Actually it doesn't really matter it's all gonna be pulled out engine,trans.,rear,etc.This is gonna be my big-block car :twisted: I have a rebuilt 383 i picked up a few years ago out of a wrecked 71 Charger.I've just been waiting to find a decent body to put it in. :thumleft:

Good find (again). Saw a '72 Duster last month that a buddy bought from the original owner. It's a 198, three on the tree. The little old lady drug her knuckles on the dash when she shifted. SOOoooo.... she cut a hunk out of it. The car has been garaged all it's life so the rest of the dash is still nice and soft. Ray

-
Back