Borgeson Power Steering Pump Confusion

-

Tylinol

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've got a '69 Barracuda with a 318 and factory power steering. I'm wanting to convert to the Borgeson power steering system since I'm in the middle of rebuilding my whole front suspension and my original steering box is extremely loose and leaks badly. My pump also leaks.

It looks like I've got a Saginaw pump rather than a Federal or TRW. I've ready that the Borgeson PS pump will not fit on cars with the water pump inlet on the driver's side (like mine). However, the description says the Borgeson PS pump is a "Saginaw Style pump"/ Does that mean I can bolt it up to my existing bracket and use the rest of their kit? If not, can I use their box with my existing pump (rebuilt of course)? And if so, what hose kit would I need?

So it looks like the Bergman kit, plus a new set of stock power steering hoses and a rebuilt stock Saginaw pump (like what's on my car now) will do the trick? And I don't have to cut my steering column? If so, that's awesome.

So it looks like the Bergman kit, plus a new set of stock power steering hoses and a rebuilt stock Saginaw pump (like what's on my car now) will do the trick? And I don't have to cut my steering column? If so, that's awesome.
that's why i was thinking Peter would tap in here. guessing you looked at his web site? Home - Bergman Auto Craft - Home of Quality Muscle Car Parts give him a call, phone #'s at the top of the page

-
Back