Borgeson PS box in Early A with 340 manifold ???

-

604B1duster

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has tried to use a borgeson power steering box in an early A with 340 manifolds ??? Thanks

Jump in, someone has to.

IMG_1012.jpg

I saw one in a 65 Barracuda a few weeks ago, but it had the factory early A manifolds still in place. Seeing that gave me the same idea to use 340 HP manifolds in my Barracuda. It looked like a mile of room left! The early A drivers side manifolds leave the motor much the same way as 340 HP manifolds, so I see no reason the combo wouldn't work. The problems with 340 HP manifolds in early A's has always been interference at the exhaust pipe flange, where it and the steering column try to occupy the same space. I'll try it in a few years if you want to wait.....lol.

Haha, I misread, thought you said a few weeks. Can’t wait a few years, but thanks for the info

Post some pics of how all that fits. It might be a good idea to read this thread in the link below if you haven't already. The last few pages tell of a hissing issue with the Borgeson box. It would be nice to fix it before you have to redo it, if possible.
BORGESON steering box

-
Back