Bottom End Shocker Build

-
any flow numbers on the Promaxx heads yet?
Should have some soon…I did hear that they flowed a bit on the low side of the advertised numbers at the lower lifts ( say down 10cfm) but they got close to advertised flow up at 500 to 700 lift….I only care up to 600 as I won’t be using a cam with any more lift than that

Question…. Has anyone else had a Shocker SBM flowed?

Heads are done….flow numbers are in the small block head flow thread… time to start thinking about cam grinds
3AF23E66-8B4E-4F09-82B6-96F22AF6E29E.jpeg
5CA35C2F-061C-477D-889C-FABB58B8E386.jpeg
52842320-7DE9-40A6-AF46-0EC294CCEC7A.jpeg

Your flow numbers are a lot closer to the advertised numbers than a set of SBF Shockers I had here.
There was no markings on the heads to identify which model/version they were, but I only saw one cnc ported option on the website.
The advertised numbers were pretty lofty.
I looked the head over and flowed it.
In my mind the numbers seemed like what I was expecting to see......... but the customer was pretty disappointed in them.
That’s when I went on line and looked up the specs.
I was like..... “NFW”.
The numbers I got were like 20cfm lower than advertised at the upper lifts.
Those also had 2.08 intake valves in them.

Those Rods numbers are high. 320+ is a lot of air period.
IDK much about this area. I take it all with a grain of salt. But still! 300cfm, a lot of power can be made there.

I’m pretty sure that 99% of these heads are just bolted on and no one ever really bothers flowing them…saying that I would be really interested in doing a back to back dyno test with these and the Trick Flows

Hell! If you got the time and coin…..
We all would be loving that!

Hell! If you got the time and coin…..
We all would be loving that!
I will 100% dyno the engine that these shockers are going on…but it is unlikely I would be getting any trick flow heads soon…currently doing those W9 heads for the now defunct “free cam build” …but say if say RAMM wants to test these on something I would ship them to him as he is in Canada

Okay....heads are not done...they are going back on the flow bench and getting another look…the CNC job does not leave much wiggle room

I see they addressed the spark plug hole theads as they enter the chamber. Interesting. Nice attention to detail:thumbsup:

69A41FE2-EEC5-4504-8089-C6D1BE006AB1.png

9E330CCC-A65C-4B45-A391-C9078AA89BF9.png

Stop by the machine shop and bolted the caps on with ARP studs… torqued them to 110ft/lb and dragged it over to the line boring machine… with any luck it will get honed in the next few weeks…

AD4C3F8D-0088-4D92-AE08-788B710769A6.jpeg

The block made the trip across the universe… from the shop floor into the line bore machine…

65EDD11C-BB17-4F41-B759-D6CC738F65EB.jpeg

So I can't seem to find a 7576 Air Gap intake to save the planet...how much power could it make with an LD 340....500,550.575hp....

So I can't seem to find a 7576 Air Gap intake to save the planet...how much power could it make with an LD 340....500,550.575hp....
Speedmaster air gaps have been good to me over the years. Half the price very similar quality. Plus can be used on magnums if you ever cross over

I don't think the LD340 would hold it back much compared to an AG. I think @pittsburghracer tested the Speedmaster not too long ago and it significantly restricted flow out of the box? I could be misremembering though.

I don't think the LD340 would hold it back much compared to an AG. I think @pittsburghracer tested the Speedmaster not too long ago and it significantly restricted flow out of the box? I could be misremembering though.

The Speedmaster intake has its place but it’s not on a performance build. It seems when they copied an intake they copied the LD4B instead of an LD340. The runners sizing is small.

-
Back