bought a 2bbl intake

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
OK, I bought a 2bbl intake off of e-bay, and need a carb. any reccomendations for Part #'s for good carbs. I am looking for one with very few "Environmental options" Probably something from a late 60's 318? My car has a PCV Valve and thats it. Also I have heard that when using a 2bbl 318 carb that it is best to re-jet it, what size jets?

I used to use a 318 BBD from a diplomat on my slant. I never had to change jets I just needed to lean out the idle screws a little, adjust the pump shot and change the hight of the metering rods.

I always used a early (68-70) BBD.
you can get one from www.partsamerica.com
part #14107 for a automatic carb.$137.00
I bought one of these before,bolted right on.

Or search a junkyard or e-bay.
I like the first choice.

The adaptor is about 15 bucks. Mr. Gasket 1937 I believe. Transdapt also makes one.

Johnny Dart said:
I always used a early (68-70) BBD.
you can get one from www.partsamerica.com
part #14107 for a automatic carb.$137.00
I bought one of these before,bolted right on.

Or search a junkyard or e-bay.
I like the first choice.

Johnny Dart has the best fit for the money
For the long run and it will mix perfectly :thumbup:

You are correct Mike !!!!!!!!
I have tinkered with the Leaning Tower of Power for a while. :thumbup:

Picture 264.jpg

OK I have been offered the following, what modifications will be required to make it work with my application.

I have a 2 barrel carb that came off my 1976 360 if your interested

I am looking to gather parts before it gets here.

Robb

The 360 carb is not the same pattern as the 318 carb so you would need an adapter for the 360 carb.

Chuck

The 360 carb would be way to much cfm anyway.

Carter BBD.
You cant get a better carb for what you are doing.
You asked what you should use and 4 people said BBD.

so...........

Sorry i must be confused, the fellow said it was a carter 2bbl from a 360, I assumed this was a BBD My Bad. So basically this will not work for my application correct?

Robb

The 360 carter carb is a BBD (BBD stands for Ball and Ball Dual) but it does not use the same bolt pattern as the 273/318 & /6 BBD's. It has a slightly larger pattern.

I dont think they even have an adaptor to mount that carb to a supersix intake. You would have to make one.

I have a non-emissions Carter BBD off of my 71 Dodge Charger. It is a working carb off of a 318 motor. If you want it I can let it go for $25. The only problem is, shipping to your neck of the woods can cost almost the same price :(
It is the carb on the left in this picture:
carb1.jpg

The blue is a bit of paint that got on it and the carb on the right is an emissions equipped Carter from a later model.

Russ

Just a question: If he is converting to a 2-barrel manifold are the throttle/kick down linkages the same as the 1-barrel or does he need to be prepared to do some changes with the linkages? I don't really know so I thought I would ask just so he doesn't have any surprises.

Depends what year car he has.
We will need to know to let him know exactly what parts he will need.

So,yes he will need to be prepared to do changes to his linkage,and possibly accelerator pedal.

My car is a 66 cuda, I have been looking for linkage, but have yet to find it at the right price! My gas pedal is a cable type, as the car was a 273 2bbl from the factory, somehow it ended up with a slant six in it before i got it :wack:

I've decided to stick with the slant since I just had the tranny rebuilt!

68 valiant,

Seems like a fair price to me, I will PM you my postal code, and we can check into shipping. Do you think a soak in carb cleaner would take that paint off?

Robb

RobbAdams said:
68 valiant,

Seems like a fair price to me, I will PM you my postal code, and we can check into shipping. Do you think a soak in carb cleaner would take that paint off?

Robb

I am sure that the carb cleaner will work wonders. You probably could peel it off with your thumbnail. I shall await your PM.

Russ

-
Back