Bracket left over

-

Mark Wainwright

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have just re and re the 360 motor in my 67 Cuda. I have one bracket that I can't remember where it goes. See attached pictures. The kick down seems to be working fine and the carb return works fine but having a seniors moment.
All help is appreciated.
Thanks Mark

DSC00904.JPG

DSC00905.JPG

DSC00906.JPG

DSC00907.JPG

Questions on parts like that make me wish Google could do a geometry comparison search, kind of like facial recognition works.

Never seen one of those before, but it sure does look aftermarket like mentioned.
Even did an image search for that number stamped in it and got nothing that looks like that.

Mark looking closer I see some orange paint inside the bushing so it slide over, or a bolt went through it at some point..that may be a clue.
AL

Mark looking closer I see some orange paint inside the bushing so it slide over, or a bolt went through it at some point..that may be a clue.
AL
Hi Al... yeah the motor was painted orange before and I changed it to Corporate Blue which I believe to be the correct colour for that year. (hopefully) It looks like it may be a spacer like for the alternator or power steering etc. but why the hole at the top?
Did you get snow today? We did for a while

there is a part number on it
what aftermarket stuff is installed, A/C, ratchet shifter?
There no A/C but may have before it was installed into my car by the previous owner. Everything on the car is all original except for the wheels and the motor and sure grip.
Thanks Mark

Questions on parts like that make me wish Google could do a geometry comparison search, kind of like facial recognition works.

Never seen one of those before, but it sure does look aftermarket like mentioned.
Even did an image search for that number stamped in it and got nothing that looks like that.
Thanks for your input and your time spent. When I find out I'll post it so everyone will know.
Thanks Mark

I'm thinking the bend is a stop or travel limit for something. Lol, Working on any lawn equipment lately?

I'm thinking the bend is a stop or travel limit for something. Lol, Working on any lawn equipment lately?
Haha I work on lawnmowers and snow blowers all the time but doesn't belong to anything like that but thanks for the suggestion.
Mark

it does look kinda like a governor shaft lever on a small engine
I agree with you but the garage where we did the re and re didn't have any small engines at all. The mystery continues but thanks for the suggestions, any feedback is very helpful. Thanks Mark

Here's pic from ds fender. I thought maybe it was the same as the one with throttle return spring on it. No go.
Is the big end keyed/splined? Im stumped. ..im with lawnmower man...

20170114_132950.jpg

Thanks for going to all that trouble to get the pictures, much appreciated. I know it came off the motor because it was painted orange before the engine was removed and painted Corporate Blue. I painted the bracket black to match the other brackets. There aren't any keyways or splines. The mystery continues. I've contacted National Mopars here in Canada to see if they can figure it out. When and if I get the answer I'll post it on here.
Thanks once again. Mark

worst case scenario...put a ring through the small hole and add it to your keys as a bottle opener

-
Back