Brake booster for my 69 Barracuda??

-

56Steve

Reaction score
Hello,
Is there any way to put a brake booster on with out putting disc brakes on?
Thank you in advance for any help!
Steve

Power brakes were an option whether disc brakes or 4 wheel drums.

Original rebuilt parts are hard to find. Check Dr Diff, Booster Dewey, and rockauto if punk's offer doesn't work out. But, you don't have to limit yourself to factory parts. In my avatar you see a booster and MC from a 95-99 ABS cloud car (Breeze, ...) mounted on 74 Dart firewall brackets & lever. Just required a little rat-tail filing.

Original rebuilt parts are hard to find. Check Dr Diff, Booster Dewey, and rockauto if punk's offer doesn't work out. But, you don't have to limit yourself to factory parts. In my avatar you see a booster and MC from a 95-99 ABS cloud car (Breeze, ...) mounted on 74 Dart firewall brackets & lever. Just required a little rat-tail filing.

Thanks

There is one on ebay for ~$170. It is based on a GM booster & MC, but the firewall brackets fit a Mopar and its pedal. Unlikely one needs a booster w/ front drums. My 69 Dart had a manual MC and the pedal wasn't too hard for my wife. Easier is to go to a smaller bore MC, at the risk of excessive pedal travel. I installed a booster in case I ever switch to front disks, though many here run those w/ a manual MC.

-
Back