Single to dual reservoir conversion

-

Tad

Reaction score
4BF69E65-56A5-4C48-821A-6BE0BB31212F.jpeg
Finally getting to installing my brake conversion to a dual master cylinder. I figured out the distribution block passages. Can someone tell me which of these two ports goes to the front and which to the back? 1 and 2.

Would probably be a lot easier to tell if the lid wasn't on.

jazak5 is correct, the rear goes to the front brakes, the front goes to the rear .

If you are doing a disc brake swap, that is the wrong master cylinder. Not enough volume. 1973 disc brake master cylinder with 15/16 bore will work.

If you are doing a disc brake swap, that is the wrong master cylinder. Not enough volume. 1973 disc brake master cylinder with 15/16 bore will work.
Still drum all around!

jazak5 is correct, the rear goes to the front brakes, the front goes to the rear .

Not all master cylinders are set up that way.

Still drum all around!

And that would have been useful information. When you say you did a brake conversion, it’s normally a safe assumption that you installed disks. In which case the larger reservoir goes to the front brakes regardless.

Not all master cylinders are set up that way.

And that would have been useful information. When you say you did a brake conversion, it’s normally a safe assumption that you installed disks. In which case the larger reservoir goes to the front brakes regardless.
Thank you. I changed the title.

-
Back