brake conversion?

-

mycuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Bought an aftermarket 2 canister master cylinder and went with four disc brake setup. I bled all the brakes ran all new lines no leaks and still got no pedal,without a couple pumps. Do I need a longer MC rod, I would imagine, I'm just asking.
thanks

Dave

Last edited:
Did you bench bleed the master cylinder before you installed it?

Sorry, i missed that. What is the manufacturer of the master and is piston diameter, also are you using a proportioning valve?

Probably air in the master cylinder on a r e bleed the master cylinder that's all I could do just an aftermarket garbage probably the problem

Probably air in the master cylinder on a r e bleed the master cylinder that's all I could do just an aftermarket garbage probably the problem

I have had that happen a couple of times..

Had a friend With same problem on a Camero. Took him a week to find out he had the calipers backward bleeders down.

Explain how you bench-bled the MC. It may take 50 strokes. Many youtubes. If you can install plugs in the MC outlets, you could verify you get a hard pedal there. There are 3/16" inv flare plugs for some thread sizes.

I have a set of cut lines that I loop into the reservoirs and gently pump the MC with a screwdriver (actually a round file with a nice handle on it) while its on the bench. Bleeders must be up on the calipers.

-
Back