Brake Master Cylinder...

-

SSing

Reaction score
I have quite a few old pics showing like a color mark on the MC. But still, this wasn´t of any use to my build, till I found out what color. Apparently the k-member, steering shaft and a few other parts had an orange marking, but how embarrasing it would be, if I marked the MC with wrong color...
So very cool when I found this color picture of what looks to be a white marking.
Guys don´t need any presentation, and Car Magazine is dated June 1968.
As for the unit itself, I´m quite sure it was an ordinary 1968 piece. Black lid with inscription, USE ONLY SAE 70 R3 BRAKE FLUID, just like any other ´68 BMC had. Casting # 2225541.
Another detail I think I can say I now manage to have verifyed.
Thought I´d share with you in case you plan on building an as delivered car, or like in my case, as raced first season...

20200925 forum 1.jpg
MC white marking forum 2.jpg

I have quite a few old pics showing like a color mark on the MC. But still, this wasn´t of any use to my build, till I found out what color. Apparently the k-member, steering shaft and a few other parts had an orange marking, but how embarrasing it would be, if I marked the MC with wrong color...
So very cool when I found this color picture of what looks to be a white marking.
Guys don´t need any presentation, and Car Magazine is dated June 1968.
As for the unit itself, I´m quite sure it was an ordinary 1968 piece. Black lid with inscription, USE ONLY SAE 70 R3 BRAKE FLUID, just like any other ´68 BMC had. Casting # 2225541.
Another detail I think I can say I now manage to have verifyed.
Thought I´d share with you in case you plan on building an as delivered car, or like in my case, as raced first season...

View attachment 1715600658 View attachment 1715600659
---
Very interesting.
Thanks for sharing.

-
Back