Brake MC Paint?

-

nm9stheham

Reaction score
So does anyone have a good paint suggestion for a brake MC? Ideally, it would be one that would resist brake fluid damage, but I am not sure any such animal exists....Tnx in advance for any suggestions! Mark B.

POR-15 has a cast iron color paint. I have a quart. If you live close, I will give you enough to do the MC

Thanks for the paint offer 69 MOPE; Phillie is about 6 hours sooooo probably not! But your offer is very generous.

Hmmmm I was thinking of going with silicon brake fluid.....so maybe that is the solution.

Thanks all !

Check the Eastwood website. They have a paint for master cylinders.

Don't paint it. Leave it cast. Look into a product called RPM. It's sold by ECS Automotive. It's an invisible coating that keeps bare metal parts from rusting. One container will treat all the bare metal parts on the car.

DOT 5? Show car?

Most catalyzed paints should be at least resistant to brake fluid. Think industrial coatings, not automotive paint.

The moisture curing polyurethane paints like POR & Rust Bullet should also be good about resisting brake fluid.

I am thinking DOT5 for the non-hygroscopic properties. (This is a 95-99% original car with 60K miles, and it has sat/will sit a lot.) I'll be going through the whole brake system and replacing everything with original parts (except for changing to a dual MC) and probably be putting on SS brake lines from InnerTube. I'd like to keep all the moisture out that I can.

The RPM product sounds intriguing.

-
Back