Brake Pedal Slop

-

dale_brennon

Reaction score
I am putting everything back together on the demon, and I noticed that my brake pedal has some side to side slop along the sleeve bushing it mounts on. Is there a spacer that goes in there, or is this normal? I haven't put the boot on the rod for the master cylinder which might clean it up a bit, but right now it feels as if there is much more play in it then there should be. Any suggestions?

As you look at the pedal installed in the car, some left to right movement is normal (small amount) bot too much foward and aft movement at the pivot point is a problem. Makes for a sloppy feeling brake set up. Not necessarily trying to sell you anything , but I do make bushings that replace the plastic oe pieces and eliminate the second problem. [FOR SALE] - Bronze Brake & Clutch Pedal Bushings **new**

Best,

CE

I am putting everything back together on the demon, and I noticed that my brake pedal has some side to side slop along the sleeve bushing it mounts on. Is there a spacer that goes in there, or is this normal? I haven't put the boot on the rod for the master cylinder which might clean it up a bit, but right now it feels as if there is much more play in it then there should be. Any suggestions?

Ha! Just noticed your location. I got married in Conroe TX! Wife's family lived in Houston at the time

-
Back