Brake Prop Valve

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is listed for sale from a 73. Will it work on the Kelsey Hayes Fronts Disc ? Thanks AL

a0aa1dcf-3420-4217-8ba7-36ddd2e0e8a6-jpeg.jpg

It will functional work, question is what year to apply it? It does not fit well 67 -70 with standard lines.

That is the later version, the early version had a separate hold off for the rear. Not sure but 71/72 seemed the change line. You can not directly install this pre 71/70 without some re-work on the lines.

I am needing one for my 67. I changed over to the K/H disc. I will have to run all new line anyway. So you think it will work?

Sure it will. The hold off for the rear is included in this design for front disk and rear drum. If you order new pre-made lines then order 73 lines to be safe. JMO.

I can be wrong on my years so keep researching.

67/69 would resemble this with disc/drum. Functionally they are the same. The later just moved the separate hold off AKA “Texas Valve” into one assembly.

36EC6EEC-62F0-4537-A13F-A098BE5E39E0.jpeg

As you can see the size of the later valve changes the line connections a bit. The short line from the distribution valve to the Texas valve was removed when the combo valve was introduced.

Last edited:
I can be wrong on my years so keep researching.

67/69 would resemble this with disc/drum. Functionally they are the same. The later just moved the separate hold off AKA “Texas Valve” into one assembly.

View attachment 1715426236
Hey, while I got you here, Whats it take to go with the power brake booster. Mine is manual now.

Nothing wrong with manual brakes! I wish I had them but restored to what was there. If BB engine then you should also have this shield. You would need the booster and brackets and firewall bracket and inner fender bracket. As well the correct upper lines to the master.

8A2D21BA-ED63-48FE-BD59-5ACA08BF4701.jpeg

Hey, while I got you here, Whats it take to go with the power brake booster. Mine is manual now.
I have a 67 Barracuda with the Kelsey Hayes brakes and all of the proper parts to energize the system. I does not have power brakes and is delightful to drive without power assist. Just sayin'.

And that shield is only applicable to 67/69. No BB engines after 69 from the factory!

It will not fit over the later style combo valve with out some modification.

Last edited:
Last word, there are plenty of other solutions that are superior! Question is what you want as compared to original. You have been given the old Mopar look. You make the choice.

Isnt there 2 valves required? I see 2 on the inner fender? Is one a proprotioning and one a distribution?

Yes, for true stock 67/69. The “Texas” hold off valve to the rear drums is shown in green. The distribution safety block in red. All cars of that vintage had this distribution safety block. Disc cars had the hold off block as well. The “Texas” Valve, or hold off was located further down the rail and used a short line from the Distribution safety valve. Sometime in the early 70’s they combined the two into one valve, hence the combo valve as first pictured. It was used with the newer large disc brakes but functionaly does the same thing. The combo valve is thus larger and will need line changes when used on the early models. So choose your lines correctly or custom bend them!

7DE8FCB5-278B-4487-AA70-A76D3FDDC13B.jpeg

Last edited:
Also the mount is angled a tad different and the original post picture is upside down. Rotate it like this and you will clearly see the “Texas” valve on the bottom.

A1B3A47A-20EB-44BF-839B-9C2BBDE1E877.jpeg

Last edited:
So in the first post , The valve is upside down. Is the "TEXAS" valve on the bottom with the brake line screwed in it.

The 67/69 “Texas” separate valve looks like this.

19170F38-0E58-4952-84E0-5C20F2F4E832.jpeg

So in the first post , The valve is upside down. Is the "TEXAS" valve on the bottom with the brake line screwed in it.

Yes as circled in red should point to the ground.

Alright ! I think I got it now. Now I just need the guy to sell it to me ! Thank you .

if not let me know, I bought the wrong one to start with and have a new one never used. I learned the hard way!

-
Back