Brake Push Rod Boot

-

OrangeSwinger

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am reusing my old push rod on a new master cylinder. I found a replacement rubber "keeper"...the rubber gasket that holds the push rod inside the master cylinder.

I cannot however locate a source for the rubber boot to firewall piece. Mine was of course chewed to oblivion. Does anyone know where to find this boot?

I found this one on Mancini Racing's website but there is no photo or much of a description so I'm not sure if it is what i need. Manual Brake Master Cylinder Boot for Plunger Rod

Is there an adequate substitution out there - maybe from a newer vehicle?

1974 Swinger 225ci with Manual Brakes, Disc Front/Drum Rear.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I am reusing my old push rod on a new master cylinder. I found a replacement rubber "keeper"...the rubber gasket that holds the push rod inside the master cylinder.

I cannot however locate a source for the rubber boot to firewall piece. Mine was of course chewed to oblivion. Does anyone know where to find this boot?

I found this one on Mancini Racing's website but there is no photo or much of a description so I'm not sure if it is what i need. Manual Brake Master Cylinder Boot for Plunger Rod

Is there an adequate substitution out there - maybe from a newer vehicle?

1974 Swinger 225ci with Manual Brakes, Disc Front/Drum Rear.

Thanks!

I wonder if this Mustang boot would work: Mustang Master Cylinder Push Rod Boot Manual Brakes 1965-1973

????

They don't make the white plastic part anymore. Made my own from a old laundry bottle. Cost? $0.0

20180612_200343.jpg

20180614_191934.jpg

That's great! I busted that plastic piece as well when I pounded out the push rod. I'll make another like you did. Thanks!

So where'd you get the boot?

We got a bunch of them at work , wish I saw this earlier today as I'd just send ya one. I won't be back til Tuesday..... Old Rustangs with manual brakes take a similar boot.................. Like 65-66 rustang

-
Back