Brakes stick

-

Flyinbrian72duster

Dart and duster
Reaction score
Just looking for input pretty sure I need new brake lines 71 dart all drum with power. New master n booster n front shoes and wheel cylinders how I bought it and who ever put this line on lol.
1541299736578401673692169445788.jpg

Just looking for input pretty sure I need new brake lines 71 dart all drum with power. New master n booster n front shoes and wheel cylinders how I bought it and who ever put this line on lol. View attachment 1715244344
There's a little drag down but more so after a stop I take my foot off brake and car sits wont idle away and it seems it gets worse the hotter I get them

Check push rod on power booster might be to long and need to be adjusted back a bit. IF too long it puts pressure on master causing that issue.

Rubber brake hoses will do that when they get old and wore out. You push the brake,when you let off that rubber collapses and holds pressure still to the wheel cylinders....

Is there a spec for that
I made it about 1/16" from booster push rod to the center of piston hole on master. I used a tool to get it right but not necessary.
I found this video to explain, it is a corvette site but works.

Rubber brake hoses will do that when they get old and wore out. You push the brake,when you let off that rubber collapses and holds pressure still to the wheel cylinders....
Second on this. I'd start with the brake hoses, they're maybe $15 each at any parts store. Two for the front, one for the rear

Never mind.
"Drums all around" :D

Could be over adjusted, bad rubber lines, or pushrod for the master is too long as mentioned.
When they are hot and sticking you can loosen the master cylinder mounting bolts, and if it lets go you know it's the pushrod length causing it.

Ok checked booster pushrod seemd fine from my measurement it was right there backd it down a turn and half just to see if it changed same thing so it's not that backed brakes off a bunch still the same so I ordered new rubber lines and for the cost new wheel cylinders to so we'll see

-
Back