Brand loyal or just like a good vehicle?

-

Challngd73

Reaction score
I consider myself a mopar guy, but if I look at my history….I just like a well built, well designed vehicle with some style. My current garage is really a mutt! Dailey drive a 21 Ram Laramie dually diesel and a 15 mustang gt in good weather. Wife drives a 21 Ford bronco big bend, daughter drives a 13 audi a4, and fun driver for me is 66 barracuda. What else do y’all own and enjoy driving other than our classic mopars? Post up.

4B830E11-DE4F-462F-80A3-71693074D65E.jpeg

5E0D2F33-3678-4269-A9F5-C9D3451D4DC3.jpeg

8A8B28CA-A56D-48D5-BC19-38CE9BF717B1.jpeg

1599ABC8-402C-4E72-BD33-DC67FF4FF4D3.jpeg

36774654-8698-4DEE-83DF-9490A0CEFCC3.jpeg

6A68CB4A-9C1A-4F5B-A0B9-CAC0FA747158.jpeg

If it's American and old, I like it. I don't like anything much over 1980, although we have an 04 Ford Escape.

Definitely get that. We let our daughter pick her first car(she had to pay the down payment). I have owned a couple BMW’s, and assorted other cars. All personal experience based with me. I had a 2014 f150, and as soon as the warranty expired EVERYTHING went wrong with it. So it turned me off of ford trucks. Bought a 2017 ram 1500 and loved it. So I upgraded to my current truck and have zero Ram complaints.

Pre-1985 I like American cars and trucks with total Mopar bias.Post-1985 I like Japanese cars and trucks.

My current daily driver is a ‘10 Nissan Sentra Spec V, 200 hp 4cyl, with a 6 speed manual.

Id definitely prefer to have a Mopar, but I would be lying if I didn’t say a ‘94 Skyline GT-R could easily take my Swingers spot in the garage.

2015 F150, wife has 2017 Wrangler, 1972 Chrysler Newport, 1972 Scamp.

Pre-1985 I like American cars and trucks with total Mopar bias.Post-1985 I like Japanese cars and trucks.

My current daily driver is a ‘10 Nissan Sentra Spec V, 200 hp 4cyl, with a 6 speed manual.

Id definitely prefer to have a Mopar, but I would be lying if I didn’t say a ‘94 Skyline GT-R could easily take my Swingers spot in the garage.
Ya ill tell ya, I’ll never replace the cuda cuz it’s a family affair(was my dads, will be my daughters), but the Mustang has to be the funnest car I’ve ever owned. Never thought I would type those words.

Definitely get that. We let our daughter pick her first car(she had to pay the down payment). I have owned a couple BMW’s, and assorted other cars. All personal experience based with me. I had a 2014 f150, and as soon as the warranty expired EVERYTHING went wrong with it. So it turned me off of ford trucks. Bought a 2017 ram 1500 and loved it. So I upgraded to my current truck and have zero Ram complaints.
In fact, I'll tell you how "bad" I am about it. We have friends all over Gray (the county seat where we live) that know Vixen especially (my 64 Valiant). We literally drive her all the time. I have people say to me a lot "we saw yall the other day and waved" but if they don't drive something old, It doesn't even blip my radar to look. LOL

In fact, I'll tell you how "bad" I am about it. We have friends all over Gray (the county seat where we live) that know Vixen especially (my 64 Valiant). We literally drive her all the time. I have people say to me a lot "we saw yall the other day and waved" but if they don't drive something old, It doesn't even blip my radar to look. LOL
Oh ya. I’ll go to a cruise night and people come up to me and say “ oh you live on such a such street” cuz they see the barracuda haha. Not cuz the see the Audi

Oh ya. I’ll go to a cruise night and people come up to me and say “ oh you live on such a such street” cuz they see the barracuda haha. Not cuz the see the Audi
Exactly! I'll tell you a tidbit about Audis you may not know. The early cars.....I "guess" up to the mid 70s had strange wiring. ALL the wires were black and they were color coded on the ends where they terminated. Uh huh. We found out that one in high school auto shop in the early 80s on an early 70s model. So, since then, we've called them "Audi be in a junkyard". lol no offense. I know they make some nice cars......now. LOL

Exactly! I'll tell you a tidbit about Audis you may not know. The early cars.....I "guess" up to the mid 70s had strange wiring. ALL the wires were black and they were color coded on the ends where they terminated. Uh huh. We found out that one in high school auto shop in the early 80s on an early 70s model. So, since then, we've called them "Audi be in a junkyard". lol no offense. I know they make some nice cars......now. LOL
Lol no offense taken. My cousin had one in the 90’s that was a nightmare. I would never have gotten it had I not had friends who owned them now and swore by them. I made sure I swayed her to the highest production model they had currently haha.

My wife drives a 2020 Mazda 5, it has the 4cylinder with the turbo. Its a great car, good in the snow, handles nice
I have a 2021 Dodge Ram with the hemi. I really like that truck, drives great and if you get into the pedal, its fast.
But then best part is I have no payments on both

If it's American and old, I like it. I don't like anything much over 1980, although we have an 04 Ford Escape.
I’m with Rusty on this. Old American iron is the favorite to be in.
I don’t really care who the manufacturer is. A good reliable well running vehicle is OK by me. I’ve owned & driven most makes. I haven’t owned a AMC, Buick or a Cadillac. I’ve owned 1 Mercury Cougar, ‘87 I think and have two Fords, a ‘67 Mustang & a Taurus. A pair of ponchos, and Oldsmobile’s, a bunch of Chevy’s. None of them sucked.

Past 1980, not so much fun or flare. I had a ‘87 (IIRC) Olds 442. Good looking car and that’s where it stops for me on that car. I didn’t like that G body much.
The ‘87 Cougar was also really nice but, it did t really do it for me style wise.

Our modern vehicles are pretty cool to me. Wife drives a ‘15 R/T Durango and loves it. I’m in a ‘18 RAMM Hemi 1500.

when a car manufacture starts paying my bills i'll be brand loyal. until then as daily drivers i'll stick what i feel is a reliable functional vehicle for us. anything from chrysler doesn't make the cut for me. only newer chrysler product we have is a 2016 jeep JK and thats not a daily driver, just a toy. as toys i usually lean towards mopars but i love my 08 mustang. such a great all around car that does everything i want it to do. i'd love to have a nova, another pontiac lemans, 66ish mustang fastback and many more. so i guess i'm not toatally brand loyal as if money was no object i'd have a stable full of different makes and models.

We are mixed as well.
2020 F150 Mine
2016 Kia Sorrento 2.0 Turbo Hers
2002 Nissan Frontier My sons
1988 Mustang 5.0 Coupe
1970 Challenger RT/SE

My daily drivers have all been Hondas and my trucks have all been Toyotas for 40 years.
I drove domestics until '81 and every one of them were terrible vehicles.
As for my muscle car habit they are all Mopars and my first was a '71 340 Cuda in 1971.

I've owned pretty much everything from AMC to Yamaha. Brand is of little importance to me, it's the styling and design that I find interesting. I've had 6 or 7 fox body Mustangs, plus several Cougars and Thunderbirds, close to 20 Darts, a 2011 Camaro SS with a 6.2 6 speed, a 2013 Mustang GT convert, a couple Toyota Camrys, even a Subaru XT Turbo coupe. That was a really fun car, surprisingly quick for a 1.8 liter turbo, had a 5 speed and 4 wheel drive.
Currently I drive a 1990 Bronco as my daily, wife's car is a 2002 Taurus, and we also have a 1976 Pontiac Ventura that has 42k original miles, plus my 75 Dart Sport.

20211106_135803.jpg

20221123_172739.jpg

Don't have any pics of the Ventura or Taurus on my phone.

I am all over the map also. Just need to work and mine do sometimes...
2001 F350 diesel (290k miles)
1999 Cadillac SLS
1971 GSS Demon
1968 Charger
1931 Ford Tudor with 460 (building for my boy)
1927 Ford Tudor with 472 Cadillac.

I'm a Mopar guy, have always been, but when I was looking for a newer truck I didn't look beyond the Ford Super Duty with a 7.3L diesel.
2016-04-09_004.jpg

Alan

Had that reaction for years with the 70 Dart. I drove that car as often as I could.

My garage is in my signature lol. I gravitate towards Mopars for classics since I know them best but there are some classic GM cars I'd love to have (Buick, Oldsmobile). My daily driver 2000 Buick Park Ave is honestly a great car, bought it for a steal at a beater price ($1200) but it's too nice to be treated as such. For its size and weight it's pretty good on gas (avg 20 in summer) but have to run premium due to the blower, it's got some balls too I really love the 3800 engine. About to hit 170k miles and it runs like new, smooth as silk for a V6. If aftermarket suspension parts were available so I could lower it and stiffen it up a bit I'd keep it long-term but it just has way too much body roll for how I like to drive. The ride is incredible though, like a cloud. I'm looking forward to driving across the country in it when I move to GA.

Once I save up money to get something newer and nicer I might seriously consider a newer stick-shift Mustang GT like the OP's car. If the Challenger wasn't so heavy I'd get one of those. Bottom line though for a daily, comfort is a priority up there with reliability and ease/cheapness to repair. I'm going to test drive a lot of cars including Mustang, Challenger, ND Miata, Toyota GR86, basically anything with a manual transmission. Another serious contender is an Acura TLX or possibly Accord V6 6MT. Just depends what feels "right" and I really miss having a stick-shift after my 5-speed 1993 Jeep Cherokee XJ got rear-ended and totaled.

I spread the joy......
2020 gmc pickup
2012 cadillac cts coupe (2 dr)
1979 El Camino, -383/200r4
1969 AMC/AMX- 390
1965 ply valiant-340
1957 chevy 45+yrs blown 383
2018 Koiti diesel tractor,

I am basically a Mopar guy with a few deviations over the years (last 10 years). In late 2013, after a guy high on meth ran a red light and totaled my 2000 Durango, I bought a fun little car to drive. A 2000 Miata. Good gas mileage (20 in town, 30 on the highway) and great handling. We rebuilt the Durango and sold the Miata shortly after that. Next non-Mopar was supposed to be my wife's daily driver, but things happened and it was mine. That was 2004 BMW 330Ci convertible with sport suspension. Also a fun car to drive, but the extra weight over the Miata could be felt. We replaced the BMW with only the second practical car I've ever bought. Also happens to be only the second new car I've ever bought. That is a 2020 Hyundai Elantra ECO (1.4L turbo) that average 44-45 on the highway. We haven't had one of the old cars on the road in many years due to lots of life getting in the way, but I see light at the end of the tunnel and will be back on the Barracuda convertible within a couple of weeks. Then back on the GTS convertible...I haven't felt the need to take any pics of the Hyundai, but I might some day.

DW157048 crop.jpg

DW157037.JPG

20210630_151218.jpg

GTS 1983 02.jpg

Had mopars since I got my licence and used them as daily drivers for most of that time.
Only had 4 brand x cars:
1984 Saab 900 turbo, Nissan R32 GTST Skyline with a RB25det swap (only owned for 10 months before being written off by a drunk driver), 2008 VE commodore (sold as pontiac G8 in the US) and my current daily - a 2022 Kia Stinger GT (badged as the "GT2" in America). Never thought I would say this about a kia but it is very quick and a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

20220619_082304.jpg

20220619_081944.jpg

-
Back