Brazil Mopar Nats 2010 !!!

-
Thank you buzian!
Really enjoyed the pics.
Nice to see a mopar presence in a different part of the world too.

Later,
Bruce B.

Bruce,

Besides our local production being so short, and the abuse and bad use of the dodges during the oil crisis back in the Eighties, our "survivors" are being very well maintained and we're very proud to have these cars perfectly running today !!!
And it's so good to see that the next generation Mopar fans are embracing the same idea !!
I'm almost 41 y.o. and I saw these caras here when they were brand new, but these boys that's half a age as I am didn't so it's very important for us to keep & pass this great legacy to the future generations too !!!
We're very very proud Mopar guys and only true A-body lovers can fully understand the fantabulous meaning of these great machines...

Thanks for sharing and giving us a good schooling!!

Just a question. Was there any cars made there with this style front end?
MySwinger1.jpg

Not meaning to hijack here. Thanks so much for those pics, you guys have some awesome cars!

DarTT,

Unfortunately we never had Darts with the 1970/1972 style, and this is a "gap" that Chrysler did in our local market...We didn't have even the convertible, the two-door sedan and the so-called "Convertriple Sport" bodyshell too...
In 1979 Chrysler of Brazil decided to make some changes and for that they used the american 1973 & up style for the Dart and some different front-end clips for the Magnum, Charger & LeBaron luxury models.
Wish we could have all A-body styles here too...

DarTT,

Unfortunately we never had Darts with the 1970/1972 style, and this is a "gap" that Chrysler did in our local market...We didn't have even the convertible, the two-door sedan and the so-called "Convertriple Sport" bodyshell too...
In 1979 Chrysler of Brazil decided to make some changes and for that they used the american 1973 & up style for the Dart and some different front-end clips for the Magnum, Charger & LeBaron luxury models.
Wish we could have all A-body styles here too...
You guys got the Charger's though and I think since everyone on this site has seen one, now wants one!:cheers:

Yeap, our Charger is a very special car...We never made a so north american car like the Dodges...We love'em with all our heart !!!!!

Here are more Mopars with pics taken yesterday at a local motor exibition...

1975 Dodge Charger R/T

charger75lucianoii.jpg

charger75lucianoiii.jpg

1974 Dodge Gran Coupé

dsc06588t.jpg

dsc06592w.jpg

dsc06594n.jpg

dsc06591n.jpg

1975 Dodge Gran Sedan

dsc06598g.jpg

1973 Dodge Gran Sedan

gransedan73sp.jpg

1973 Dodge Dart, 1968 Dart grille

dsc06605x.jpg

dsc06604y.jpg

1977 Dodge Charger R/T

dsc06600c.jpg

1972 Dodge Dart Sedan

dartsedan72.jpg

dartsedan72ii.jpg

1977 Dodge Dart

dart77.jpg

Here are more pics in the same event:

1974 Dodge Charger R/T

garibaldi2010197.jpg

garibaldi2010148.jpg

garibaldi2010147.jpg

garibaldi2010144.jpg

garibaldi2010194.jpg

garibaldi2010150.jpg

1977 Dodge Charger R/T, snow white with rare De Luxe Burgundy package option

garibaldi2010192.jpg

garibaldi2010191.jpg

1975 Dodge Charger R/T

cpiadegaribaldi2010134.jpg

cpiadegaribaldi2010068.jpg

cpiadegaribaldi2010062.jpg

charger75dinastialucian.jpg

1977 Dodge Dart with Charger front-end clip & grille

chargerx.jpg

Thanks Buzian! Neat cars, great pics! I love seeing something new when it comes to mopars! Thanks for sharing!

tks,nice pics,would luv one here,would blow em away at our nats just like the Aussie cars do but i hear you cant get one out of your country?

Attachments

• SSCN0317.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 363
Buddy, to import one of these brazilian A-bodies is perfectly possible, the main problem today is the cost of the car itself...Since we had a very small numbers production (less than a hundred thousand cars for a 12 year run), and the great majority of the Dodges were virtually destroyed across the gas fuel crisis in the eighties & nineties, all that's left became real special prizes...Just to get the idea, a very good brazilian Dodge Charger, in perfect shape, can reach more than fifty hundred grand dollars in our collector market today!!!
Some guys are importing some A-bodies directly from the States to be cheaper, specially the models & configurations that we never had here in our country...
If you really wanna have one of these great cars you should be prepared to spend a very reasonable amount of money for it...And I'll be very glad to help you out in this project, if you may wanna start it !!!
I would be very proud to see one of our "brazilian guys" among great Mopars in the events !!!
About our wheels, it's quite possible to have more hole vents because our discs & drums are larger than the original 1967 A-body project that our Dart/Charger belonged...Never paid attention on that detail, but it's quite understandable since our cars have some differences even in the center rims...
Thanks for the very kind words, my friend !!!

-
Back