Brazilian A-Body Dodges racing !!!

-

buzian

Reaction score
Hi friends !!
These are some very rare photographic material that a couple of friends sent me some time ago...You're gonna see some very tough competition between Dodges in some closed racetracks along in Brazil.
These shots were taken in the mid-Eighties, when Chrysler of Brazil stopped the Dart/Charger production and these cars were very cheap to buy and a few people here could give some value to them...
It's important to say that today original Dodges can easily face fifty thousand bucks here because of less than a hundred thousand were assembled in a twelve-year production run, from 1969 till 1981, when the factory stopped production...
We hardly believe that less than a thousand survived in good condition nowadays !!
Just remembering that all Brazilian Dodges ran on a base 318 2 bbl. V8 engine, and some of them had the option of the 4 speed trans with a floor-mounted shifter.
Well, let's stop the crap and send ya some action...Please don't be angry or make complaints to these fellas, let God forgive them, these sinners didn't know what they were doing these days...

dodge32.jpg

dodgechargerrt197acervo.jpg

dojo10.jpg

dojo11.jpg

dojo33.jpg

dojo69.jpg

dojocuspindofogo.jpg

dojodecorrida2.jpg

dojodecorrida.jpg

dojespietrotebaldi2.jpg

dojespietrotebaldi.jpg

gridacervopietrotebaldi.jpg

griddedojes.jpg

img101i.jpg

img105.jpg

img106a.jpg

img107d.jpg

img108rx.jpg

img117v.jpg

img118jj.jpg

img120g.jpg

img124wu.jpg

img125d.jpg

img126i.jpg

img127t.jpg

img135t.jpg

img138w.jpg

img143n.jpg

img139f.jpg

wow those are some really cool pictures, wish I could have seen them race in person!

Thanks people !!
Man, I saw some crazy guys running these cars at that time...They really ROARED the tracks !!!
And it's very important to remember that some races were held from 1982 till 1985 here in Brazil with these cars, but many of them used to happen on the illegal runnings on the streets...

Thanks for sharing! I kinda like that '69 Charger/'70 Cuda grille look on those cars. Didn't anyone believe in bumpers??

Demon,

We believe that a very few of these survived in actual days, and if they did we don't see in this "racing suit" anymore...As Darts are getting so hi-priced nowadays here, that'll be very difficult to find a presentable racing car today...

-
Back