Brazilian Mopar

-

Andrev8

Mopariano brasileiro
Reaction score
Hi folks. This is my first time in this forum.

I'am rebuilding the front suspension of my Brazilian made 79' Dart. Our suspension design is very similar with american 68' Dart. All my friends that have rebuild suspension, based on this and have success. Well, I want a good handling street car, and some times beat some Chevys and Fords. In the next three years it will have about 400 hp.

I need help to make a decision. I already bought some parts in Summit site. The numbers parts are:
AXT-2266;
ENS-5-13101G;
ENS-5-18104G;
ENS-5-5135G;
KYB-KG4509;
KYB-KG5511.

My next step is to buy an Front End kit with: Upper and Lower Ball Joints, Upper and Lower Control Arm Bushings, Strut Rod Bushings. All (4) Tie Rod Ends, Upper and Lower Bump Stops and Idler arm. Initially I was thinking to put all Polyurethane bushing that i bought and by a PST Polygraphit Front End Kit, but some friends told me that the car will be very hard and uncomfortably. They said to use a rubber front end.

So, what to use? Need some indications because import parts are expensive to me. If I can do right at the first time, that´s i want.

Help me please.

Thanks to all.

My Mopar:

vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

Andrev8, take some time and look at previous threads with this topic. A lot of guys have been there and done that and opinions vary. The poly bushings will definitely stiffen the suspension over rubber. There is less deflection of components with poly versus rubber. Most of the road impacts are actually taken up by the torsion bars. Going with bigger diameter bars will improve handling, but you will definitely "feel the road." Some members have used poly, but used rubber on the LCAs to reduce some of the shocks that travel through the components.

What is LCAs? Sorry, my english isn't that good and for some technical terms, worst.

Thank for your answer.

So poly on the UCAs and Rubber on the LCAs? right? Are PST good parts?

Thanks for help.

I have heard nothing bad about PST parts. Using rubber on the LCAs was a suggestion made by a couple of members in previous threads. I believe they used rubber because the poly bushings squeeked. I don't know whether the graphite-impregnated poly (polygraphite) bushings make a squeeking noise.

Hi welcome to the forum . I just replaced all the bushings in my Dart , I used Energy as the kit was complete and priced right . The black poly bushings are graphite impregnated , help with install and maintenance , or so energy told me . So far the car rides like new ,better than new , think the poly bushings will last longer than the rubber , the rubber bushings I replaced were worn though or deformed badly . The steering now has no slop in it , no squeaks or rattles .
I used stock MOOG L C A bushings though , read a few articles suggesting not using poly LCA bushings , some here dis agree . Read a few of the threads and make your decision .
Have to say one of the best upgrades I've done so far .
What year did they stop making Darts in Brazil ? What motors did they come with ?
Good luck with your car , post pics when you're done

Helo Jerry! Thanks for welcoming me! People here are nice. Well, I have decided to buy the polygraphite PST front end kits, it´s more complete with parts than others and the price is very good for me (importing is expensive here). And I never ear any thing bad about they.

About your car: the stock LCA Moog bushing are rubber? A lot of friends told me to use rubber on LCA, and some guy here to. Where I live the road are in pretty condition, but still have bad pavement in some places, I think rubber on LCA will make it more comfortably.

Well, about brazilian mopars. We have a some models based on A Body: Dart, Charger, LeBaron, Magnun, GranCoupe. They stopped to be fabricate on 1981, oil crises was on of the responsible. All engines are 318 with a 2bbl DFV carburetor (bad stuff). But a good engine!

Nice talk to you. Sorry about some english mistakes.

Bye!

Hi folks. This is my first time in this forum.

I'am rebuilding the front suspension of my Brazilian made 79' Dart. Our suspension design is very similar with american 68' Dart. All my friends that have rebuild suspension, based on this and have success. Well, I want a good handling street car, and some times beat some Chevys and Fords. In the next three years it will have about 400 hp.

I need help to make a decision. I already bought some parts in Summit site. The numbers parts are:
AXT-2266;
ENS-5-13101G;
ENS-5-18104G;
ENS-5-5135G;
KYB-KG4509;
KYB-KG5511.

My next step is to buy an Front End kit with: Upper and Lower Ball Joints, Upper and Lower Control Arm Bushings, Strut Rod Bushings. All (4) Tie Rod Ends, Upper and Lower Bump Stops and Idler arm. Initially I was thinking to put all Polyurethane bushing that i bought and by a PST Polygraphit Front End Kit, but some friends told me that the car will be very hard and uncomfortably. They said to use a rubber front end.

So, what to use? Need some indications because import parts are expensive to me. If I can do right at the first time, that´s i want.

Help me please.

Thanks to all.

My Mopar:

vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

Faala André !!

Muito bom ver um amigo brasileiro no maior e melhor fórum sobre A-Bodies do mundo !!
Já frequento esse espaço há algum tempo, e tenho me divertido um montão por aqui...
Se vc. ainda não me conhece, aí vai a dica: tenho um Dart "bicudo" 79 também, Marrom Sumatra com interno marrom, ar. direção e caixa automática, todo original...Sou paulistano, mas moro no RS há alguns anos, e conheço boa parte dos Dodgeiros aqui no Brasil...
Se precisar de uma mão pro que for no teu Dartão, conta comigo, certo ???
Forte Moparbraço direto dos gelados pampas gaudérios, meu guri !!

Mário Sumatra Emoção 79 Buzian - Ivoti / RS

Obrigado Buzian!

Sou fanatico por Mopar desde quando era criança! Sou viciado mesmo e assumido! Entretando, durante esse tempo, nunca tive real oportunidade de mexer no meu carro. Agora estou em condições de fezer. Funilaria, pintura e interior já estão bons, falta mecânica e suspensção. Decidi começar peça suspenção, já que motor é mais caro, e como vai ter preparo, ainda preciso estudar muito.

Veja acima uma lista da minha primeira compra na Summit. Assim que essas peças chegarem eu vou comprar um rebuilding front end kit em polygraphite, feito pela PST. Alguns caras daqui no Brasil disseram que o carro vai ficar muito duro, então comecei a questionar aqui me parace que ele vai ficar mais resistente, so que realmente, se vai ficar deconfortável, fica a critério de gosto. Eu coloco 35 psi nos pneus de todos meus carros para ficarem um pouco mais durinhos, inclusive numa Variant com pneus linguiça.

Valeu amigo pelo contato. Tenho certeza que vamos bater um papo ainda. Seu carro é o da Ulbra? Se for, acompanhei muitas fotos dele. Parabens pelo carro.

American guys: sorry about portguese use here, it is nice to find a brazilian friend here and Iam happy to do some righting in my own language. So, to you follow: we are welcoming each other and I told about my project car to Buzian. I always will translate to english, so you guys can follow the conversation too.

Thanks to all.

Obrigado Buzian!

Sou fanatico por Mopar desde quando era criança! Sou viciado mesmo e assumido! Entretando, durante esse tempo, nunca tive real oportunidade de mexer no meu carro. Agora estou em condições de fezer. Funilaria, pintura e interior já estão bons, falta mecânica e suspensção. Decidi começar peça suspenção, já que motor é mais caro, e como vai ter preparo, ainda preciso estudar muito.

Veja acima uma lista da minha primeira compra na Summit. Assim que essas peças chegarem eu vou comprar um rebuilding front end kit em polygraphite, feito pela PST. Alguns caras daqui no Brasil disseram que o carro vai ficar muito duro, então comecei a questionar aqui me parace que ele vai ficar mais resistente, so que realmente, se vai ficar deconfortável, fica a critério de gosto. Eu coloco 35 psi nos pneus de todos meus carros para ficarem um pouco mais durinhos, inclusive numa Variant com pneus linguiça.

Valeu amigo pelo contato. Tenho certeza que vamos bater um papo ainda. Seu carro é o da Ulbra? Se for, acompanhei muitas fotos dele. Parabens pelo carro.

American guys: sorry about portguese use here, it is nice to find a brazilian friend here and Iam happy to do some righting in my own language. So, to you follow: we are welcoming each other and I told about my project car to Buzian. I always will translate to english, so you guys can follow the conversation too.

Thanks to all.

Well,

Let's talk in english, my man !!
Yes, our 79 Dart is the one that was stored by Ulbra for long twelve years, and now it came back tou our family's hands...
I was looking at your beautiful 79 Arctic White Dart, and it shows pristine conditions, congratulations on the great job done, André !!
About the front suspension: I actually have quite the same problem, our Dart is showing his age on that matter, as the car needs a complete front & rear rebuilt, and I'm planning to do it until the end of this year (money's too tight right now, I'm finishing a new home, so that's plain priority), and I decided to use original rubber instead of PST because our car is plain factory original and I don't want to change a nut on that matter, I'll try to keep it as it is, and here where I live (near the south border) I don't have too many asphalt ruggedness and the car's usage is once or twice a week for very short strokes.
I believe that if you're planning to have more power on your 318 you're on the right track and should use the PST's, they'll help you A LOT on that subject...
Where do you live here ?? And how you're planning to use your car, my man ?? Wanna have some fun or pretend to dragstrip the Dart ??
Let's go talk more, if you may need a help I hope to get more info, okay ??
Big Mopar hug, fella !!

Mário Buzian - Ivoti / RS

I was following your history in same site, I don´t remember each one, you can post here for our american friends. It´s a nice and beautiful history.

I pretend to use in daily driving, sometime go to work or left kids in school. A lot of weekend drive and some trips too. But I want to do that with a more powerful car, don´t need to be exactly a drag car, but something around 350 hp. Powerful and street-able car. And off course, bet some Maverick and Opalas. I hope I can go to Track Days that happen here in Brasília, where I live. Good, large and straight roads.

But this changes will be more in mechanical and suspension parts. The look will be very original. Blue engine, all Dart logos in right position. I will made two visual changes: planning to have an original Mopar wood steering wheel and a pistol grip, I think those will combine with the brow interior.

The wheel are Italmagnesio and I pretend to maintain that, for me is very good looking.

I have this since I was 17 and is a dream becoming true finish the restoration.

Thanks mario.

Good choice on the bushings , cars ride will improve . The stock L C A bushings are rubber , the poly ones require that you use the old shell from stock bushings , sometimes hard to remove the rubber , mine had the rubber fall out so could have used the poly bushings easily , but have heard that they move in the shell and make noise after a while . I decided to use the stock MOOG replacements , if they don't last next time the poly bushings will go in .
here is the magazine article that helped with my decision
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/tipstricks/155_0306_control_arms/index.html

And do you have a link to the story of the Dart mentioned above ? I will try to read Portuguese , and some pics of your car , the wheels you mention sound interesting .

Hey Jerry. Thanks once more for you comment

I will read the article. I think to go with polygraphite PST kit and Moog rubber LCA bushing. Let´s see how the car rides.

Mario´s history is interesting. A resumen: his family have bought the car new, 0 kilometers, in the end of 79. Years passed and the family sold the Dart to a museum. There the car passed 12 year in a relative good abandonment Lol. Than, he could buy it again. But let him talk about his history, after all he lived it.

You can see photos of my Dart and my wheels. They are made of magnesium, I think. LITTLE LITTLE LITTLE weight, but fragile too. And very nice, they aren't chrome, only polished. A rare and cool antique accessory for the car.

Bye guys!

Jerry, thanks once more about your comment.

Well, my wheels are a rare and beautiful antique accessory made for Brazilian Dodge only. They are made of magnesium I think, very little weight, but a little fragile. They aren't chrome, only polished. You can see photos on my profile here. Very nice!

Thanks for the article, I will read very close to learn more and more.

Do you ever have ear about Mopar Suspensions; Complete Guide For Building Mopar Suspensions For Street, Autocross and Road Racing book?

Thanks guys

Very nice wheels you have ! I noticed youtr car has the rallye dash and console , nice , is that factory or did you install ?
Never heard of book , but will look out for it , and no , I have the Wood Grant steering wheel on my car i think there is a picture in my profile , not sure . Would like to get the Tuff Cuda wheel , one day I'll get one

Thanks, I like my wheel to, but they are rim 14, it would be better a 15, but it´s ok. All ours mopar have the console. Less some that have the shift on the steering column. I saw your pics, that's because i asked, it look like a Challenger or Cuda steering wheel. Thanks man.

Ps I love green mopars.

Guys! Im very happy! My new suspension parts have arrived.

See the post.

Next month I will be asking for more!

Thanks for the Help

Attachments

• 23082011.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,050
  • 23082011(001).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 23082011(002).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 23082011(003).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 23082011(004).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 23082011(005).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,012
  • 23082011(006).jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 07082011(001).jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 994
Great Andre. She is a cute child. I know you're a proud papa

Super cute ! Hope the car rides well with new bushings and shocks , should be big improvement , it was on mine .
Good luck !

Great Alex !!

Hope to get our Mopar babies together someday...
Maybe on the next brazilian Mopar Nationals, who knows ???
Congrats on the new parts, wanna do the same soon...

Mario Buzian - Ivoti / RS

-
Back