Breakfast! What do you like?

-
With my recent health issues (I was diagnosed with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (aka PSC) in February), my doctor suggested a healthier diet. Cutting WAY back on processed foods. So for breakfast, I've been making an omelette with spinach, red onion, bacon bits & feta cheese. Along with a lightly buttered toasted multigrain english muffin, an apple or a clementine and a glass of low-fat milk or a glass of V8 fruit juice. It's actually quite tasty!

Last edited:
  • Too Much to Drink Last Night Full - Diced chicken fried steak and bacon sauteed into an omelet topped with Jack and cheddar cheese, smothered with our sausage and bacon gravy. $15.95

• Omelette from Kay's Country Kitchen up the street :thumbsup:

FB_IMG_1652541997596.jpg

'bout 6 strips of crisp, thick sliced bacon, 2 eggs over easy, hash browns, grits and coffee. Toast is optional.
I know it isn't the healthiest sounding meal, but MODERATION. I only do it about once a month. Then I skip lunch.

4-6 cups of percolator coffee with grass fed half and half and raw, local honey. I don’t eat until dinner time.

I had a English muffin/ blackberry Jelly with a side of Bacon cooked on the Blackstone. Plus some Cantaloupe this AM that made me happy!

Well, at a local restaurant I had this for breakfast on Mother's Day....

20220508_111650.jpg

I have this sometimes on the run from a local bakery/lunchbar.... fried chicken fillet, hash brown, cheese and a mix of aioli & sweet chili sauce in a wrap.....

upload_2022-7-2_19-14-0.jpeg

And if I'm in the right part of town, I call into my local Fish shop for a takeaway feed of Fish & Chips.....

upload_2022-7-2_19-15-40.jpeg

I've been going to that shop for just on 40 years now. Croatians run it - family business......best fish & chips in the country.....IHMO.

Breakfast jalapenos???? Split them, fill with cream cheese, crab meat, wrap bacon, bake in oven low for hours or on pit..warm in microwave for breakfast next AM!!! YUM

Breakfast jalapenos???? Split them, fill with cream cheese, crab meat, wrap bacon, bake in oven low for hours or on pit..warm in microwave for breakfast next AM!!! YUM
Whoop ***! Had some Texas Brisket Sausage yesterday. My Bud ordered it online. Cost him like 130 bucks. It was mild though. Had no *** at all. I figured it'd be leaner and was still up like I've been greasing up hamburgers

My favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs, wheat toast, Turkey bacon and Turkey sausage with a glass of 1% milk.

All this breakfast talk reminded me of @diymirage sausage gravy. So...I went to the store this morning and here it is! Another successful batch.
20220702_124018.jpg

Funny thing is just over a year ago he posted the recipe and I gave credit to a different FABO member. Had to edit my post!

Pretty much every day we have a turkey sausage and cheese biscuit. Sometimes add in an egg.

All this breakfast talk reminded me of @diymirage sausage gravy. So...I went to the store this morning and here it is! Another successful batch.
View attachment 1715950673

Funny thing is just over a year ago he posted the recipe and I gave credit to a different FABO member. Had to edit my post!

Pretty much every day we have a turkey sausage and cheese biscuit. Sometimes add in an egg.
Have you ever tried chicken sausage? I think it's good myself.

Looks like Jalapeños! Them are good on most things!

the outside is pretty edible...but i cant do the seeds (im just too white for that)

View attachment 1715950673

im glad that worked out for you
it is one of my favorite recipes, and my 4 year old will clean out an entire pan of it
i just got to make sure she doesnt see me put the biscuits in or shell eat right around it

I tried a "turkey" dog once,and said " really!!???????? LOL

It will not be breakfast, but a local "store" makes seafood sausage and crawdad boudan this 4th of July for the locals that don't go out of town. I know, you NY guys think its weird, but sorta like a NY bagel to us Coonass wanna be's. You guys probably don't know what a Coonass is do ya?

You guys probably don't know what a Coonass is do ya?

Coonass is a controversial term in the Cajun lexicon: to some Cajuns it is regarded as the supreme ethnic slur, meaning \"ignorant, backwards Cajun\"; to others the term is a badge of pride, much like the word Chicano is for Mexican Americans. In South Louisiana, for example, one can often see bumper stickers reading \"Warning — Coonass on Board!\" or \"Registered Coonass\" (both of which generally depict a raccoon’s backside). The word’s origin is unclear: folk etymology claims that coonass dates from World War II, when Cajun GIs serving in France were derided by native French speakers as conasse, meaning \"dirty *****\" or \"idiot.\" Non-French-speaking American GIs allegedly overheard the expression, converted it to the English \"coonass,\" and introduced the term back in the United States. There it supposedly soon caught on as a derisive term among non-Cajuns, who encountered many Cajuns in Gulf Coast oilfields. It is now known, however, that coonass predated the arrival of Cajun GIs in France during World War II, which undermines the conasse theory. Indeed, folklorist Barry Jean Ancelet has long rejected this theory, calling it \"shaky linguistics at best.\" He has suggested that the word originated in South Louisiana, and that it derived from the belief that Cajuns frequently ate raccoons. He has also proposed that the term contains a negative racial connotation: namely, that Cajuns were \"beneath\" or \"under\" blacks (or coons, as blacks were often called by racists). Despite efforts by Cajun activists like James Domengeaux and Warren A. Perrin to stamp out the term’s use, coonass continues to circulate in South Louisiana and beyond. Its acceptability among the general public, however, tends to vary according to circumstances, and often depends on who says it and with what intention. Cajuns who dislike the term have been known to correct well-meaning outsiders who use the epithet.

by pastorchik September 29, 2003

My first "experience" with a proclaimed coonass was back n S W Ga when a good bud married the prettiest blonde from SW Ms. She proclaimed her coonass heritage as her mother had some of that influence. I had a DEEP Southern accent, but her's even beat mine.
I had always considered the coonass to live in SW La and the natives of the New Orleans (NawLens) to be creole or French decent. All I know is the food is different and culture too.
By the way, racoon tastes like chipped beef.
All I know, is the like the food!!! But the only food I don't like is bagals!!!! and.... surely something else!????:poke:

-
Back