Brewers hydraulic clutch install pics

-

hotrodram

Reaction score
installed my Brewers hydraulic clutch setup this weekend. What a great setup!

IMG_20180522_130321_878.jpg

IMG_20180522_130219_812.jpg

IMG_20180522_130201_800.jpg

IMG_20180522_130230_660.jpg

PLEASE let us know how it works on the street .. How much start to finish ... and how much HP you have on this setup

Will keep y'all posted! Never found any pics of this setup which is why I posted. Made 1/8 in plate bung for firewall so cylinder mounts to it. Used heim joint on cylinder rod to run to clutch pedal approximately 2 in below swivel and removed over center spring

Awesome, can you take pics of clutch linkage inside from master cylinder to pedal.

We'll start with how tos from start pics. 68 dart went 383 mag...brewers brand new 4 speed with Wildwood hydraulic conversion. This is bung i made for firewall from back of Wildwood hyd cylinder. Welded this into firewall but also plated rear of firewall for xtra strength

0926171636(1).jpg

Under dash photos Thurs when I'm home. Will detail under dash steps on what I did.....thanks y'all for the interest! Haven't seen much with pics and info so hope helps with your future installs

IMG_20180525_135803_268.jpg
Under dash photos. Notice hole drilled in center of cross bracket that used to hold over center spring

Hey, I was wondering how the pedal feels. Is it super easy and engages quickly? Or can you still tell you are pushing the pedal? I like the clutch to engage twords the bottom, some hyd slave cars I have had were up twords the top. Was contimplating it on my notch, mostly for clearance issues. But I really like the heavy pedal. RB with TTI

You deffinatly feel difference between linkage and hydraulic however not super easy like some newer cars. Pressure seems most about mid pedal...engages throwout bearing about 3/4 clutch. I really like the feel of it

are you concerned with that exhaust running directly underneath the cylinder and cooking the fluid? any preventive measures to keep that from happening?

-
Back