Brit Dart owner

-

Cadaver

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

New member from the UK, I imported this 70 Dart Swinger from Texas, it arrived early this year. Unfortunately the hood lies and it's a slant 6 and not a 340, I will be pulling the badges at some stage.

As I'm sure you can imagine, A bodies are pretty rare over here and the car is definitely a project so finding parts may be a challenge. Previously I've had a 68 C10 and an 83 Camaro, always wanted Mopar and I've finally got one.

Hopefully I'll have it UK registered soon and I can get some decent pictures and enjoy driving this thing!

27504015_10156067641463879_5800007513327397438_o.jpg

Matt

Haha, thanks! Classic American cars are one of my main interests in life, you should see the looks I get here when the American terms slip in to conversation!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :thankyou:

It's a pretty solid car, front passenger floor pan has some rust but nothing major, and the bottoms of the rear quarters have a touch of rust in the usual places. I'll start a thread at some stage, I'm gathering parts currently although it's nothing too exciting yet.

Welcome! Keep your eyes open for this one sent it over the pond last month it arrived safely..
That's lovely! Do you know roughly where in the country it went?

A bodies, in fact Mopars in general are finally getting love in the UK, unfortunately the parts to maintain them aren't coming over yet. Hopefully we will get parts support soon :D

Congrats on your Dart! We like pics! Just curious what's involved in getting a American classic registered over there?

That's lovely! Do you know roughly where in the country it went?

A bodies, in fact Mopars in general are finally getting love in the UK, unfortunately the parts to maintain them aren't coming over yet. Hopefully we will get parts support soon :D

It’s in ASHFORD , United Kingdom

Welcome to FABO!!!!

You're going to get a lot of looks driving your Dart around, for sure.

I spent 3 years at Greenham Common in Newbury back in the late 80's and only saw a few American cars.

Congrats on your Dart! We like pics! Just curious what's involved in getting a American classic registered over there?
It depends a lot on the age of the vehicle. For something this mature it's pretty simple, you have to change the turn signals on the rear to flash orange and not red, fill in a load of paperwork, our version of the DMV turn up to inspect the vehicle, mostly just to confirm that you're registering what you say you are. If the car has been significantly modified then it gets really complicated. My turn signals are staying red, I'll deal with the fallout when it happens.

I posted my paperwork off on Wednesday, now it's the waiting game!

It’s in ASHFORD , United Kingdom
That's actually not far from me at all. Hopefully I'll see it!

Welcome to FABO!!!!

You're going to get a lot of looks driving your Dart around, for sure.

I spent 3 years at Greenham Common in Newbury back in the late 80's and only saw a few American cars.

When I picked it up from the port we had it on a trailer and the attention it got! I was surprised because in that single journey it got more attention than my 500hp 68 chevy C10 did in 2 years. I've even had people knocking on the door to ask what it is.

-
Back