Broken Antenna Removal & Replacement ?s

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
The antenna mast on my '71 Dart GT was broken during the Woodward Dream Cruise (trying to clear some of that yellow "CAUTION" tape).

IMG_0972.JPG

I have since located and purchased a complete replacement antenna (from FABO member Tony (whitepunkonnitro)). I have also borrowed an antenna nut wrench from a co-worker. After I remove the nut, how do I remove the broken antenna (and cable) from inside the fender? Can I pull it out between the door (the hinge area) and the front fender? Or do I need to get into the fender. If I need to get into the fender, how do I do that?

As usual, thanks for all guidance/direction.

It will come down through the fender between the fender and firewall section behind the door, then it goes through a grommet to the inside of the car and to the radio.
If you follow it from the radio to the firewall on the passengers side you'll see what I mean.
If your car has the mud guard inside the fenders behind the tires, that's the toughest part of the job, because I don't think you can remove it or feed the new one in without taking that plastic guard off.

-
Back