Broken rear shock mounting stud

-

markfh

Reaction score
I'm putting a 68 Dart GTS back on the road after sitting on jack stands for 21 years so there's a little rust on the underside. While replacing the rear shocks the drivers side was difficult but I got the nut off the lower stud. The passenger side was problem though. After penetrating fluid, heat, and working it real slow the stud still twisted off.

I can't tell if that stud is welded in or whether it screws in.

I've looked online for diagrams and find nothing. I've also searched all the restoration sites and can't find the lower leaf spring mount with the stud in it.

So, I need some help here in which direction to go and what I'm ultimately going to replace.

Thanks...

Same thing happened when I'd first gotten my scamp. I took it in to a local machine shop and they made me a complete new mount for $20-30 iirc.

attachment.php

Go to a Midas or major shock installation place..

Some shocks come with a bolt in stud that would work if you removed the old stub.. they came in a package along with the shocks.. I don't remember the application..

Hopefully they have a "one of everthing" bin as I do,, and they'll have one handy..

They used to make a repair stud for that... You'd drill out the old one and it bolted through the plate.

-
Back