bucket seat frame abody

-

72dustervs

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am using ebody bucket seat frames but installing abody foam an covers , upper part of back of frame in picture its the rod welded width wise up towards the top around 10 inches from the top , were you tie in with hog rings to line up the seat cover area crease in material , the top picture is of an actual abody frame but mine in the ebody frame the rod appears a little different an higher , I assume I need to lower the rod to match in picture ,,my question is this the only difference ? It is as far as I can tell but the covers haven't arrived from legendary yet so I can compare ,,the 2nd picture is of the ebody but havent cleaned off all the glue an foam yet but you can see rod is a little different but everything else looks the same

Resized_20220327_191733_4090.jpeg

20220327_193457.jpg

I did 71 Cuda buckets and Duster buckets and never saw that rod welded in the back. The Cuda uses the plastic back and the Duster, from 73, had the cover material over the back.

I did 71 Cuda buckets and Duster buckets and never saw that rod welded in the back. The Cuda uses the plastic back and the Duster, from 73, had the cover material over the back.
70 to 72 ebody's use the hard plastic back cover on seat back , late 72's an 73 to 74 ebody's did not use the hard back covers and are like the ones I have from a 73 cuda and the seat cover goes over the back ,,the cuda rod has more bow as a duster is straight and sits lower

I have had 1972 & 1973 bucket seat backs in the shop & I have not seen that rod, ever.

I have also had seats in the shop with plastic rear covers & 1973 model year date codes.

When it comes to bucket seat frames, no such thing an A, B or E - same frames inside the same time period.

It is the upholstery, foam & tracks - but those can be changed depending on type.

This is what it looked like before removing the foam , the rods that go thru the seat cover , 2 rods hook on the end of that rod pictured an come down the sides of the seat and hog rings attach them , the upper part of seat cover has a rod inserted as well and it pulls in the seat cover an attaches to that rod in picture with hog rings , at least this set was made that way , and they came from a 73 cuda my brother owned , its the only info I have on them ,,Legendary interior has a good video on how to do the abody and theres show the rod its just different than mine , I assumed this was because it came from ebody but it is good to know that seems to be the only difference , I appreciate the replys

Resized_20220327_141807_2250.jpeg

Resized_20220327_141816_6567.jpeg

Resized_20220327_141750_7122.jpeg

Resized_20220328_191018_1052.jpeg

-
Back