Not open for further replies.

DA69RT GT

South Florida Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Just scored some fairly trashed 68 Abody bucket seats locally and I plan on stripping them down/redoing them once my "budget" gets back on its feet. For now they will sit until I can sandblast and paint the frames. As soon as I can afford the foam and covers... Ill send some pics!

Heres the deal: I need (2) of the side mounting hex bolts that attach the bucket seat top frame to the bottom frame.

There is a "N" on the bolt head on the 2 bolts I have (dont know if that makes any difference). I have attached a photo and will send measurements tonite. Would appreciate if you could look in your bucket-a-bolts and see if you have a couple laying around. Sincerely appreciated! I know one of my FABO brothers will come thru. Hopefully I can return the favor... and would look forward to it.

April pics bolt and cam 001.jpg

Perhaps a really dumb question but I have sometimes done my own "engineering". Would a regular bolt work with a sleeve ( brazed, epoxied, or ? ). Have you checked Fastenal ?

Thanks John... much appreciated.

Very nice Cuda by the way! Hope the weather has her outta the garage...

DA69RT, I'm not exactly one of the brothers LOL but do have a sizeable stash of seat bolts. :-D I just ran out to the shop to check them out.

The two closest ones I have to your measurements aren't hex bolts but 6-point heads. They measure 1 3/4" from the base of the head to the end of the threads; the shoulders are 13/16" and the bolt diameter is about 1/2". If you can use washers or spacers to make up the difference in the length, you're welcome to them. If you get desperate and no one else comes through with your exact specs, PM me with your address.

I have the same problem as you on this one. I have two and need two also.

I may get some hex stock and have them made. I have considered seat belt bolts that are for GM because they look a lot alike but I am not sure about the size.

Yea- if I cant find orig bolts... I will just have to modify some hex bolts. Sometimes you just make do but hoping somebody finds a couple stuck in a bolt box somwhere!
Would make life easier- but its all good! Im just pumped to finally have a set of correct buckets to eventually install. My Dad always spoke of "patience" but I never believed him lol.

CudaChick- thanks! Sent you a pm...

Let me know if anybody comes up with anything... thanks again FABO!

Thanks Lucky- appreciated!

Also- do me a favor when you look- see if you might also have (1) small square chrome knob that goes on back seat tilt lever. Missing 1 and meant to take a pic- but forgot...
Thanks again.

Try your local hardware store, Lowes, Home Depot or Fastenal and look in the shoulder bolt area. That is what they are called shoulder bolts.

I did some more checking and discovered those bolts I've got are for a [gasp] Corvette. Oooops ... sorry to get your hopes up sweetie!

I did some more checking and discovered those bolts I've got are for a [gasp] Corvette. Oooops ... sorry to get your hopes up sweetie!

A What???? Watch your mouth girl. This a family website!!

Thanks for the follow-up CudaChick. God forbid I put Vette parts on my Dart (even tho my brother would have been proud (Vette mechanic).

Still lookin...

Hey, when you are young and poor, and need a radiator for your 70 Duster, to go to work Monday; A 58 Chebby bolts right in. lol

Are seatbelt shoulder bolts 7/16"?

Trust me Green1, if those Vette bolts had fit... theyd be part of my Dart as we speak!
I may never admit it, and would remember it every time I pushed my seat forward, but hey: if it works- use it!

That will probably be my option if I cant find a couple. Still hopeful that someone has some laying around somewhere (and Im not in the biggest rush/have time).

Have a few people checking there bolt buckets... and will give it a couple weeks before I start trying to modify anything. Praying the Mopar Gods come thru once again...

Thanks Roy- got em... but wrong bolts.
I need the bolts that attach the 2 seat halfs together.

Still looking

Sorry for the delay No seat bolts they were seatbelt bolts and they look to be a little bit bigger didnt get to measure them , Glad someone was able to help you out once again sorry for not getting back that fast
John

I will check for you. Great pic you posted w/ the dimensions :thumbup:

I think sleeve measurement is closer to 5/8" wide than 1/2" as orig posted (duh) and note: the threads are course not fine. The ones I got from Roy are too long, sleeve too narrow with fine threads (seat belt bolts?). I will try to modify these- see if I can re-thread to course and add a sleeve washer to make up difference if I cant find right ones but keep looking!
Thanks again Roy- got these bolts in 2days! I guess it taught me to never trust my eyes (espec as I get older) as these bolt sleeves looked longer than wide. Measured length and just took for granted width...
I repeat: duh

Thread should be fine thread in all the seatbelt bolts I have ever removed? I also have the short fat washers that were used with those bolts on some applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back