Bucket seat track spacers

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I think if I recall that you are suppose to use spacers on some of the mounting studs, but which ones? Inner, outer, rear? On a 69 Dart.

Do you mean the metal re-enforcement pads? I dont know if its the same, but my 74 Duster had them on just the inner tracks (near the tranny tunnel) both front and rear studs. The outter ones didnt have any spacers. I think they were just a square piece of ~14 gauge metal with a couple tack welds on top of the floor.
Also, the outter ones are re-enforced under the floorboard with the peice the goes on the rocker for re-enforcement. As far as I can tell, the buckets use totaly different mounting holes than the bench seat,on mine, they left the bench seat holes open under the carpet, as they are higher up and closer to the door.

Are you talking about the round plastic spacers? Jeff

Do you mean the metal re-enforcement pads? I dont know if its the same, but my 74 Duster had them on just the inner tracks (near the tranny tunnel) both front and rear studs. The outter ones didnt have any spacers. I think they were just a square piece of ~14 gauge metal with a couple tack welds on top of the floor.
Also, the outter ones are re-enforced under the floorboard with the peice the goes on the rocker for re-enforcement. As far as I can tell, the buckets use totaly different mounting holes than the bench seat,on mine, they left the bench seat holes open under the carpet, as they are higher up and closer to the door.

Mine is the same deal. I'm changing from bench to buckets in my 69 Dart. I have installed the metal reinforcement plates on the inner two holes on both sides on the inner holes and like yours my bench seat mounting holes are up higher and not used. But i though I heard that you also needed to use two like 1/4" seat spacers on two of the mounting studs? But I'm not sure.

The earlier seat tracks like 66 model were 2 piece with slots where angle/heigth adjustments could be had if you were willing. They were a real pain to alter. In 67 that disappeared in A-body (still found in others like 67 Sport Fury) and plastic spacers under the tracks would provide these adjustments. They aren't really required unless you want or need different from level.
The only tip is be sure the spacers are same count and or thickness at locations or the tracks will bind.

The earlier seat tracks like 66 model were 2 piece with slots where angle/heigth adjustments could be had if you were willing. They were a real pain to alter. In 67 that disappeared in A-body (still found in others like 67 Sport Fury) and plastic spacers under the tracks would provide these adjustments. They aren't really required unless you want or need different from level.
The only tip is be sure the spacers are same count and or thickness at locations or the tracks will bind.
Thanks for that info.

-
Back