bucket seats

-

Sparky

Reaction score
Hello all, been a member for ever but have not posted in a very long time. Thinking about swapping the buckets in the Fish. I would like something with a higher back and some sides that will hold my butt in place better. Any suggestions if I were going to the junk yard, as little modification if possible would be great. Just wondering who has been down this road who might have suggestions on what would work with a 68 Barracuda without them looking too out of place. Just starting to snow here in BC,looks like I will be moving snow tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
Merry Christmas to all.
Sparky

Ok, found the thread where this has been covered. Would love to find something from the seventies that does not look too moderrn.

Man, I came too late. I just threw in some leather buckets out of a 2000s mitsubishi eclipse into my 68 Valiant. Power driver's seat, too. The passenger side is maybe a bit snug to the trans tunnel, but for $30 at my local junkyard, it was a steal.

@Sparky
What did you decide on?

I've been taking my time with swapping out my bench so I'm going through a similar process. I've been looking at seats that would go in old sports cars to match the aesthetic that I like in my Dart. So far it looks like early 70s Porsches are a pretty good starting point.

The seats on this site are all pretty expensive...I'm feeling like it might be worth it for a car that I plan to keep for the next 30+ years (or until they take my license)... The ones that I like are $745 each (probably the cheapest on the site but its still painful. :D )

Porsche seats - leather car seats - custom car seats - Recaro car seats - classic car seats

I'm thinking of these! $500 for a pair.. procar

seat one.jpg

swat 2.jpg

@Sparky
What did you decide on?

I've been taking my time with swapping out my bench so I'm going through a similar process. I've been looking at seats that would go in old sports cars to match the aesthetic that I like in my Dart. So far it looks like early 70s Porsches are a pretty good starting point.

The seats on this site are all pretty expensive...I'm feeling like it might be worth it for a car that I plan to keep for the next 30+ years (or until they take my license)... The ones that I like are $745 each (probably the cheapest on the site but its still painful. :D )

Porsche seats - leather car seats - custom car seats - Recaro car seats - classic car seats
Still not sure what I am going to do,want some thing that is more comfortable but not too modern looking.

-
Back