Bucket Seats????

-

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows if any set of bucket seats from 70 - 74 A Body will properly fit in my 71 Swinger. I have the Motorbooks Workshop Chrysler Parst Interchange Manual and seems the 71 inner rails cannot be interchanged with any year, but outer rails can be interchange with 70 model years. So am I to assume that only 70 and 71 bucket rails will only fit in my 71 Swinger or will any 70 - 74 A Body buckets bolt right in, or is it just 71 specific?

I would think any A body should fit. You will have to reinforce the inner holes with a plate of metal if your car did not come with bucket seats. The outer holes are the same for a bench or buckets as the guys building the cars along the assembly line did not know if it was a bench or bucket car. So you will have to drill and reinforce the inner holes.

Chad

Thanks Chad!

I have a set of Jaz seats in them now and am looking to swap them out with a set of factory buckets.

Moparchad, I just replaced the bench for buckets in my '74 Duster, and I can assure you that NONE of the holes lined up. I don't know about same year fitments, because I'm not sure what year the buckets I got was, but they look stock or close year-wise.

They were nowhere near fitting either in spacing OR height/level of the bolts, and they certainly did not use the outside holes from the old bench. That would have put them right against the doors! The passenger just needed new holes, but I had to actually fab up brackets to mount the inner bolts at the correct height on the driver's seat. I suspect this may be a difference between the auto and 4sp cars, don't know.

All four holes will need to be drilled and there is little detents on the floor board for the locations. They may be kind of hard to find but they are there. Reinforce all the holes so you seat does rip out the floor. plug the holes for the bech seat so no exhaust fumes or water get in.

-
Back