[WANTED] bucket set sliders - bearing cage or cradle

Cars and Mopar Parts Wanted

1. str12-340

str12-340 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    7:22 PM
    Contact Seller
    I'm rebuilding the sliders for the bucket seats in my 1970 Dart. Inside each track there are two sets of bearings (one on either end) and the set consists of a roller that takes the weight of the seat and two ball bearings that allow the two parts of the slide to actually slide. Here is a picture taken during disassembly:
    DSC02426.JPG
    The roller and two ball bearings are held in place by a metal cage or cradle:

DSC02489.JPG DSC02490.JPG DSC02491.JPG

There are 4 cradles per seat or eight altogether and half are mirror images of the other half. One of each kind was mangled in the track when I took them apart (no wonder the seat didn't really slide). I am looking for one of each of these cages (all the ball and roller bearing are OK, but nobody sells these parts, that I can find). A poster here says they are the same in the same style of bench seat sliders, but I don't have any access to any trashed seat sliders here. If you have some of these, or know of a source for new ones please send a PM. Here is a picture of the type of seat slider:
    DSC02421.JPG

2. RedFish

RedFish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:22 PM
    I will look. What I have outside of tracks today have the side balls directly across. I dont know if that extended side makes a difference. I'm thinking maybe that extended limb collides with their little bent stop/spot at end of track. That is what wrecked them?

seat track rollers.JPG

3. halifaxhops

halifaxhops It's going to get stupid around here! FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
  4. YY1

YY1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Bench seat tracks should have the same sliders.....and people throw those away.

5. str12-340

str12-340 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    7:22 PM
    In these the second ball bearing is in the long leg. You can barely see it in my last picture. I'd buy bench seat sliders to get them if they had the right ones!

Redfish are the rollers in yours sitting in the cages sideways???

6. RedFish

RedFish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yep, I noticed my goof after taking the pic. Rollers would be tuned 90 degrees.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.