Buddy Seats

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What, if any, A Bodies came with a separate buddy seat/folddown armrest that was not attached to the main part of the seat(s). I’ve got a buddy seat that I bought from anither member who was thought it might be from a late 74-76 A Body as it was included with a bunch of parts from those years. Here’s a few pics with a tape measure showing basic measurements. Can anyone confirm what it’s from. legendary says there were at least 15 different style/size buddy seats used over the years

99C451B1-FDD4-4C50-8682-9FFEFD3EE782.jpeg

80BA7995-1B1A-40C9-960A-1D56E9E2E981.jpeg
D8BBE7F2-AB2A-4C2C-A283-C20C4FB8D82C.jpeg
E4DED885-5760-4D9C-9568-F2CE52EBB027.jpeg

Valiant Brougham and Dart SE are the only ones I know of.

Interestingly, a 4 door could have buckets and arm rest as well.

74-76 IIRC.

I have sat in a few in a charger, don't think I ever seen one in an A body but I bet there was some like @YY1 said

65 Dartman, my measurements are just about the same, tapers from about 7" to 5". Looks like '74-76 a-body. Clean it up and use or sell, good luck.
Buddy seat.jpg

Thanks for your help! Would you check the folding armrest too - I have about 17 inches long perhaps a bit less.

This won’t be for sale as I will be using it in my 47 Dodge project along with the gold 65 Barracuda seats I saved when I parted the Barracuda out. Thanks again for your help!
Don

Don, no problem, I've gotten so much help on the site I'm just glad I can help someone. Armrest is also about 17". I like it
Buddy Seat (2).jpg
anytime I have to take a pic, it keeps my motivation up to finish what I've started.
Will yours clean up or are you going to redo it?

Will yours clean up or are you going to redo it?

I'm going to order a new cover in the 65 gold color from Legendary to match my gold 65 Barracuda seats which are going in my 47 Dodge project. I need to build some king of platform to raise the seats/buddy seat to a suitable height. so this will be a custom installation, so pics might be of any help. I'm adding a 68 B Body buddy seat in between the 66 A Body buckets in my 65 Dart and have already determined that's going to be a custom install as well. Thanks for the offer of pics and your help with the measurement and confirmation it's a 74-76 seat. I can now go ahead and order the replacement cover tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks! I will refer back to your pic when I start fabbing my 47's platform. I see they're contoured to fit the hump. I expect any brackets I make will probably be more or less flat as the platform will sit above the hump. Again, many thanks for your help!
Don

-
Back