-
Status
Not open for further replies.

66plyValiant

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
some of you may have seen the post that I was thinking on offering a throttle body fuel injection kit for A, M and F body mopars as well as 1972-1987 dodge trucks

I have decided to go ahead and offer 1 car v8 kit to start with

the kit would include

custom wiring harness
new fuel pump
SMEC computer
TBI specific distributor (uses same cap as any LA engine)
throttle body
throttle body adapter (need to know if your running 2 or 4 bbl and spreadbore vs squarebore)
new oxygen sensor
instructions to hook it up
wiring diagrams for future use
plug and play no cutting required

price is $425 shipping included, payment needed up front, kit takes about a week and a half to assemble and have ready to ship out

paypal accepted and prefered

If you look at howell's TBI kit you will see its priced at about $1000 and most other brands go for more then that, I'm offering this one cheaper because I would really like to see mopar folks have a chance at fuel injection. the only EFI I have seen for under $600 was megasquirt and its only the build it yourself computer not the complete kit that I am aware of

You have peaked my interest and pictures of the set up would help.
what would this be like for gas mileage on a mild performance 360 running a Holley 4 brl
The wire harness, would it plug right in or would I need to splice it in somewhere.
this is a nice idea, just need a little more info since I am not a mechanic
thanks
Bruce

66plyValiant you have my attention as well this sounds like a great setup and i would love to try it! Is the system self-learning to individual driving styles? In addition, what kind of CFM does the TB flow?

You have peaked my interest and pictures of the set up would help.
what would this be like for gas mileage on a mild performance 360 running a Holley 4 brl
The wire harness, would it plug right in or would I need to splice it in somewhere.
this is a nice idea, just need a little more info since I am not a mechanic
thanks
Bruce

Bruce

fuel milage I have found so far (still testing since I have only ran 1.5 tanks through) seems to have went from 19 CND MPG to 23 MPG first tank and about 23.5 MPG on the next half tank (when I filled up from half)

the TBI is a 2 barrel system I make the adapters to go from 2 BBL to TBI and 4 barrel (squarebore and spreadbore) to TBI

if you were to want to place an order in the future you would have to indicate what your currently running for ignition (points/electronic ignition/lean burn) and I will customize the TBI harness so that there is no cutting of the factory harness

66plyValiant you have my attention as well this sounds like a great setup and i would love to try it! Is the system self-learning to individual driving styles? In addition, what kind of CFM does the TB flow?

the TBI system will learn abit of what your engine is and will adapt the fuel amounts for what the MAP sensor and oxygen sensor says the engine needs to have the proper air/fuel mixture

can you tune this ecu like a MS set up with a laptop and wideband?

Mopar TBI isn't as tunable as some of the GM products and aftermarket computers and doesn't allow for tuning with a laptop that I have found yet, however it will adapt to mild upgrades to a 318 and 360 as well I will be making a kit for the /6 from 3.9 parts eventually. there are new computers available and there are a few people who rebuild them as well as a few performance ones that were available

I would be interested in one for the slant. I have a 71 Swinger im putting a super six intake on.

I would be interested in one for the slant. I have a 71 Swinger im putting a super six intake on.

the only thing I'm having an issue with at the moment is modifying a slant distributor for the TBI distributor internals the rest of the wiring is the same as a v8 except the injectors and computer (use 3.9 ones)

since I need a lean burn distributor to start with for a slant 6 (trucks only) and put the hall effect sensor into it

the only thing I'm having an issue with at the moment is modifying a slant distributor for the TBI distributor internals the rest of the wiring is the same as a v8 except the injectors and computer (use 3.9 ones)

since I need a lean burn distributor to start with for a slant 6 (trucks only) and put the hall effect sensor into it

Please keep us posted on the slant six progress, and you may want to post info on slantsix.org as well.

What horsepower level you think it will go to? Will it be stock fuel injectors? Do you have pics of the set up?....Very interested in this for a future buy.....

I'm interested but it would be some time before I could install it. I have several more pressing projects. Time frame would be about 3 months.

Wonder what effect the intake would have on the EFI ?
I have 2 bbl lean burn that I haven't hooked back up since setting the motor in the car.
It actually ran pretty god before the motor was pulled from the donor vehicle.
There was a large hole in the air pump, and I don't think it was working, but I don't think it had been converted of of the LB.
I also have an Eddy performer I was planning to use with a 600 CFM carb.

Would this be more like a stock style TBI system? Can it withstand 500 hp?

this is based off of stock components from a dodge dakota or dodge ram 1988-1990 with SMEC computer. horsepower limits would be a mild 318/360 or mild /6 (using 3.9 parts)

I hope to someday include the higher horsepower people but for now the kit is based on those who want better cold starts and abit better milage on there mild to stock driver or weekend cruiser

I'm interested but it would be some time before I could install it. I have several more pressing projects. Time frame would be about 3 months.

Wonder what effect the intake would have on the EFI ?
I have 2 bbl lean burn that I haven't hooked back up since setting the motor in the car.
It actually ran pretty god before the motor was pulled from the donor vehicle.
There was a large hole in the air pump, and I don't think it was working, but I don't think it had been converted of of the LB.
I also have an Eddy performer I was planning to use with a 600 CFM carb.

the lean burn intake is the same as a later model 2 barrel intake and has egr ports. 2 or 4 barrel intakes will work fine for the swap

here are a few pictures, please keep in mind each kit differs some as they are custom made to plug into the specific cars wiring harness, there is also a picture of the fuel pump

I will upload a bunch more pictures of the kit content tomorrow including some of the SBEC (computer) as well as some of the harness's I am currently working on.

Each harness starts its life as either a late 80's dodge ram/Dakota/ram van harness I then take all the wiring harness wrap off and remove the unnecessary wires and replace any problem wires as well as check each wire to make sure the coating is still ply-able and the coating is not melted. if any connections need to be made they are soldered then shrink wrapped

the harness is then wrapped in wiring harness wrap (not sticky old electrical tape ) and if requested they have wiring harness loom installed.

some harness's are one piece and others are two, the one advertised at the moment will be a one piece harness, this is an example of one I did for myself last winter it is a 2 piece one

as said there are a bunch of pictures to upload tomorrow of the computer and the harness I'm working on

Attachments

• TBI pump.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 3,316
  • fifth avenue 010(2).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 3,323
The problem with this is that it is speed density, so you have to stick with cams that are okay with factory fuel injection. Too low of vacuum at idle and it will run pig rich.

I saw the comment about higher h.p app's down the road.This sounds great! The 451 I have planned to use a pair of tbi unit's and maybe megasquirt as a controller.Depends what you come up with too!

I'd like one to use on the 400 going into my Dart. It's not a screamer,pretty mild but still 350 ish h.p and 430+ ft/lb's tq so the mild version you are putting out now might work.

Will this work with an 84 4x4 w100 5.2l, Edelbrock 4BBL intake, and one of these distributors ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pro-Electronic-Distributor-MOPAR-SB-273-318-340-360-/390293828615 ?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5adf533407 ). Instructions say to wire dist. without ballast resister, so I hooked it up on the key side of the ballast. I see some people here bought one of these distributors and couldn't make them work. The rotor and the tang on the shaft are not purpendicular, and that ain't in the instructions. I moved the dist gear over 1 or 2 teeth, and this allowed the rotor to lign up with #1 cylinder. That is how you make this dist run.

custom wiring harness
new fuel pump
SMEC computer
throttle body
throttle body adapter (need to know if your running 2 or 4 bbl and spreadbore vs squarebore)
new oxygen sensor

I don't see a dizzy in this list of parts. Extra?

custom wiring harness
new fuel pump
SMEC computer
throttle body
new oxygen sensor

I don't see a dizzy in this list of parts. Extra?

forgot to add it on the list, will edit it now distributor is included for the price listed

here are a few pictures of one of the SMEC I have as well as the harness, I am still working on the harness and getting ready to remove the wiring wrap, I don't have the distributor or the TBI unit removed from the engine yet because I use the engine for testing before I call the kit complete then both are removed and cleaned up

this harness will locate the computer in the engine bay on the passengers side rad support or inner fender

Attachments

• TBI wiring harness 001.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 3,218
  • TBI wiring harness 002.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 3,197
I provide the distributor that is needed to run the TBI, it is unique to TBI and no others will work since it is computer controled ignition and fuel

You mean it's locked out,no timing adv mechanism's inside right? Lean burn dizzy' is also like this and has a magnetic pickup. Possibly another part's source?

I'm planning on using my lean burn dist in my 400 to work with whatever inj system I use. At least it will work with the megasquirt. Not sure about the GM tbi though.

And I found a chip burner for about $80..So now I can source all the GM tbi and simply change the chip to a custom burned one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back