Budget friendly front drag shocks?

-

Gearhed73

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wanted some input into possible budget drag shocks. I’m not opposed to holding out until I have the budget for some nice double adjustable shocks.
We are working with a 69 more door valiant. Manual steering, fresh front component and QA1 strut rods , not sure of T/B size(originally a 318 car)8.8 with super stock springs out back. Also running little drag radials. This isn’t a serious car, more of a street/strip mess around car. No real numbers yet, but really looking for a deep 12 off the spray.
So at this level, is there anything to be gained from budget drag shocks? Or should I work with the stockers for the time being?

Just do what the Mopar Performance Suspension Manual suggests. Get some standard hydraulic front shocks and drill holes in them to let the fluid out. I've done a couple of times. It works good.

No, actually it's not.
The sharp tech guys at the drag strip will catch that , had a guy with a g-body cheby did that ,thing would twist up good but tech guy pulled the car because nhra rules state must have 4 shocks in working order obviously the front two did sfa.

Thanks guys. Looks like ill have another Summit order happening soon

The sharp tech guys at the drag strip will catch that , had a guy with a g-body cheby did that ,thing would twist up good but tech guy pulled the car because nhra rules state must have 4 shocks in working order obviously the front two did sfa.

Now you know the coil springs bounce way more than a torsion bar and that makes a big difference, that cheby would be way out of control at the big end, the mopar would be way more stable, but I prefer the CE shocks myself.

-
Back