Build my 416! Need help!

-

2doorswinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've decided to spring for a set of eddy heads (and forged DISH pistons lol)! Im going to get the chambers cc'd, bowls cleaned up and have the spring height (for the rocker shaft) leveled out. After that, I kind of want to assemble the motor myself! I have a little (but not much) experience building motors myself. If you guys could run me through the process and give me some advice on building the 416 stroker, it would be greatly appreciated! I heard Moper is a good guy for this. I would also like a "item buy list" for the valvetrain as im not too sure what to go with yet. I was thinking of using a mechanical flat tappet cam right now as that's what is currently in my 340 x head motor and it has adjustable rockers. Should I go roller rocker or stick with OEM style rocker? Stick with mechanical flat tappet? Im planning on putting in main studs and the Edelbrock head bolt kit and whatnot. I'm looking to make between 500-550 horsepower with the stroker, done over heads and all the rest!

So what am I going to need to buy in addition to the following (specific if possible):
- Edelbrock RPM Performer Aluminum 63 cc heads
- Edelbrock Head Bolt Kit
- ARP Main stud kit
- Scat Balanced Rotating Assembly (Forged Dish Pistons, Forged I beams, Cast Crank)
- Edelbrock RPM Air Gap Intake
- Edelbrock 800 CFM Carb (Or if I'm wrong, what carb?)
- Millodon 8 QT Stroker Clearanced Oil Pan
- Melling High Volume Oil Pump
- A Set Of Appropriate Push Rods

What lifter? What cam is appropriate (looking for a lopey idle also)? What rockers (roller or solid? Do I need anything to convert)? What type of cam (hyd flat tappet or solid flat tappet)? Thanks guys!

I like hydraulic rollers. Comp pro magnum rockers. I also like the older rpm manifold. Just a few of my favorite parts.

-
Back