Bump Stop POS

-

charliec

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, I went to install the LCA bump stop from Moog (K3180). First crack out of the box, the stud spun in the rubber.... X#X$&^*##%$ POS!!! This is after the frustration of dealing with the LCA bushings that were molded with an "overflow" of rubber at the top...right where I needed to place my arbor for pressing then into the LCA....major pain the ***. I finally trashed the whole set from MOOG. Very disappointing. Anybody have a suggestion for a manufacturer that I can rely on? Trouble is I have a crap-load of yet-to-be-installed MOOG stuff on the floor of my shop. I'd be willing to take my lumps on those parts if I can find something that really works the first time! I ended up buying ProForged LCA bushings, but I don't see bump stops on their site.

Moog- lifetime warranty. I guess thats if you can actually get them installed.
I quit using it alltogether about 3-4 years ago.
Have always hated their ball joint boots.
I really havent looked at replacing suspension parts on my cars yet,
And dont know whats available at the moment.
I do know moog will be my last choice.

I can source vintage stuff through an old connection,has been sourcing suspension parts for 30 years at least.

Those Pro Forged bushings are good.
I think we talked about those bushings before.

Try some super glue at the bottom end of the threads, into the rubber of the bushing.
You have nothing to loose.
I "saved" a few old, original, style bump stops with super glue, when the metal insert of the bump stop was breaking away from the molded rubber.
Always worked out well for me.

Try Energy Suspension for the bump stops.
Front Bump Stops - Dodge Charger - 9.9119_frontlower

Last edited:
-
Back