Buns of Stihl

-
NOT the world's most powerful chainsaw. lol These probably aren't, either.

We used to take an angle grinder and file down the drag links... it'll grab just a Lil at first, but once it starts moving, boy.. think damn near throwing 2x4's at you! Competition cut, my mentor called it

I always wonder...why is that blade upside down?

It's a bar, not a blade. They're not directional, so they can be flipped over. The reason is that the top and bottom of the bar do not wear out at the same rate, so, you flip the bar over to even out the wear so the bar lasts longer. How often it needs to get flipped depends on how you're using the saw and what you're cutting.

We used to take an angle grinder and file down the drag links... it'll grab just a Lil at first, but once it starts moving, boy.. think damn near throwing 2x4's at you! Competition cut, my mentor called it
Keep that chain brake tuned up things could get messy

Keep that chain brake tuned up things could get messy
Well, I don't do that for a living much, but, I can say, after 12 hrs, we tossed the spark arrestor/ muffler and disabled the brake, even on brand new saws. 2 kinds were all we used, Stihl and Husqvarna. The Husqvarna has (or did have) and aluminum head. Gotta let her get cool after about 10 minutes....

Anyone, how to clean out/repair the oil pump for the chain on a Stihl?

Got an old husky 266, bought it summer 84. Thing has cut 7 cords poplar to stove length every year since plus whatever else. 2 bars countless chains, one piston and rings, one carb job. My favourite saw.
Will be firing it up soon as next years fire wood will be delivered shortly.

My favourite place on earth is Stihl in the forest !
firewood2018 004.JPG

treefrontyardbench 035.JPG

treefrontyardbench 028.JPG

BTW.. chain brakes are important... Chaps are importanter....wear them! My Father's pocket knife that I always carry saved me here...
internetpointtopoint 011.JPG

One of my friends has an unlimited blasting license. Helped him for month on a few jobs. Lots of work drilling and packing holes for 30 sec. of glory Does look cool through binoculars.

-
Back