Burnout contests

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This one happened two miles from my house over the weekend. No I didn’t go but some of these guys are crazy. I guess it’s going to be a monthly thing now.

There was a burn out contest right up the street from me a few years back. That part of town was closed to through traffic for the car show in progress. Contest went on, smoke was emitted, all were entertained :lol:. A few days later one of the county road maintenance guys drove that section of street and noticed something different in the road surface. :wtf: Upon further inspection they found that the activity had put 50 years worth of wear on the road surface in the matter of one hour :lol:. I saw for myself there were sets of tracks 12" wide by 100' long by 1" deep in the asphalt :lol:. County Roads Dept was not happy :lol:.

There was a burn out contest right up the street from me a few years back. That part of town was closed to through traffic for the car show in progress. Contest went on, smoke was emitted, all were entertained :lol:. A few days later one of the county road maintenance guys drove that section of street and noticed something different in the road surface. :wtf: Upon further inspection they found that the activity had put 50 years worth of wear on the road surface in the matter of one hour :lol:. I saw for myself there were sets of tracks 12" wide by 100' long by 1" deep in the asphalt :lol:. County Roads Dept was not happy :lol:.

I’ve seen events where they have laid down 3/4-1 inch steel plate to prevent damage.

I don't get it either , locally people put together cars just for this purpose .. Will say, they sure draw a crowd

I don’t get it. Tires ain’t cheap. The RoadKill guys are probably partially responsible.
I know; I’m a curmudgeon.

I think doing burnouts are fun.
But burnout contests seem like a waste of money ?
I like getting sideways laying some stripes !

Our local 1/8th mile has a burnout/donut box that runs concurrently with the Thursday night test and tune.
The racers drive in and put the good tires on the back.
The donuters drive in, take the good tires off, and put the garbage on the back.
(Invariably kids with 240sx, bmw, and Nissan 350s. Oh, and pickup trucks with tiny rear tires.)

Personally, I would never do that to ANY of my cars.
I agree. When I was a kid it was a little fun, but even then I knew it was abuse. I might lay a little patch down now, but even that would be rare. I wouldn't mind watchin other people tear up their stuff, though.

I agree. When I was a kid it was a little fun, but even then I knew it was abuse. I might lay a little patch down now, but even that would be rare. I wouldn't mind watchin other people tear up their stuff, though.

I always thot it was stupid , waste of time , rather my car move when I punch it !

They had one local a few years back where a guy had an extended wheel base Jeep (2WD) with a very healthy SBC in it. It was his dune toy that he normally ran paddle tires on. He put some junk skinnies on it and it got away from him. Hit the concrete barriers and flipped it onto its side. Dang near got it into the spectators.

Our local track did it it was a huge hit charged 5$ and over 400 people showed up . Kids loved it did it in conjunction with the Friday show and shine

-
Back